2024 F150

phsycle

Adventurer
Check your payload. I believe the 2.7 trucks generally have lower payload ratings unless you can find one with the 2.7 payload package. But I believe they are quite hard to come by. Might as well drive the 3.5 as well....

Bingo. The 2.7 I had was a good truck. But the GVWR was something like 6,500lbs. Resulting in a payload of 1,400 or so. If that’s enough for you, it’s a nice engine.

For me, I got too close to it too many times. So I opted for a 3.5 and now have close to 2k lbs.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Bingo. The 2.7 I had was a good truck. But the GVWR was something like 6,500lbs. Resulting in a payload of 1,400 or so. If that’s enough for you, it’s a nice engine.

For me, I got too close to it too many times. So I opted for a 3.5 and now have close to 2k lbs.
Same. But now on occasion I'm smacking into my 1,777 lb payload limit.... I like to bring a lot of firewood, haha

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I think the province would have an issue with me cutting down trees in a provincial park.

You're only allowed to cut trees in specific areas and you need a permit here.
Just say you're a member of the Oilers, they should give you a pass.

Also talked with my dad about his F150 and he still really likes it but he said the 2.7 works because realistically he just wanted 4WD for Michigan winters and a bed so when picks up gardening supplies they're not inside. If he towed more than 4 times a year he would have waited for the 5.0 or 3.5 but this truck has EVERY option selected apparently.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Just say you're a member of the Oilers, they should give you a pass.

Also talked with my dad about his F150 and he still really likes it but he said the 2.7 works because realistically he just wanted 4WD for Michigan winters and a bed so when picks up gardening supplies they're not inside. If he towed more than 4 times a year he would have waited for the 5.0 or 3.5 but this truck has EVERY option selected apparently.
With the way they've been playing so far this year, that would get me chased off crown land, haha

For sure. For a DD that can still tow or haul a Lariat 2.7 with auto 4WD would be great for crappy winter roads.

Probably better on gas than a few of the midsize trucks too.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
With the way they've been playing so far this year, that would get me chased off crown land, haha

For sure. For a DD that can still tow or haul a Lariat 2.7 with auto 4WD would be great for crappy winter roads.

Probably better on gas than a few of the midsize trucks too.
You gotta admit the Heritage Classic probably won them at least enough leeway to cut down one tree.

I have driven the current Ranger and boy howdy... just get an F150. At least the Maverick has its own niche, the Ranger is just the F150 but smaller and with a transmission that hunts.

phsycle

Adventurer
Yeah, I haul so much because of 3 kids and a dog. Without kids, 1,400lb would be plenty!

My ideal retirement rig is a regular cab F150 (2.7 or 5.0) and either FWC or AT Habitat. Although an F250 regular cab isn’t out of the question either.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Yeah, I haul so much because of 3 kids and a dog. Without kids, 1,400lb would be plenty!

My ideal retirement rig is a regular cab F150 (2.7 or 5.0) and either FWC or AT Habitat. Although an F250 regular cab isn’t out of the question either.
Yeah I think taking his cats to the vet shouldn't stress it too much. If he wants to live on the wild side he can probably pick up some kitty litter on the way home too!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
You gotta admit the Heritage Classic probably won them at least enough leeway to cut down one tree.

I have driven the current Ranger and boy howdy... just get an F150. At least the Maverick has its own niche, the Ranger is just the F150 but smaller and with a transmission that hunts.

Maybe... We just beat the Flames. Not like that was a great accomplishment... 🤪 I think we're still 2nd last in our division.

I actually like the new 24 Ranger. Haven't driven one so can't comment on the transmission. If I didn't need the towing capability, I'd def look at a Ranger or new Taco. Gladiator too probably
Ain’t a campout without a propert campfire. 😆

View attachment 803349
Agreed. I know some people prefer no campfire for stargazing. And while I understand that, I still prefer a fire...

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

But how are you gonna haul the grand kiddos around in a reg cab?

Gotta take them camping and show them a world without screens and how build a camp fire, fish etc...

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Duh, exactly like how my grand pop hauled us around

View attachment 803353
At least bolt some seats down in the back like a subaru brat!

Maybe... We just beat the Flames. Not like that was a great accomplishment... 🤪 I think we're still 2nd last in our division.

I actually like the new 24 Ranger. Haven't driven one so can't comment on the transmission. If I didn't need the towing capability, I'd def look at a Ranger or new Taco. Gladiator too probably

Agreed. I know some people prefer no campfire for stargazing. And while I understand that, I still prefer a fire...

I hate the flames, but dont mind a fire! Yeah the Oilers should be fine. They're my cup pick this year and I'm sticking with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle