Lets see some full size pictures...

Sport-Trac 01

Adventurer
I stopped watching this thread for a little bit and, boy, look at all the nice trucks. Lot's of Dodges, but ain't nothing wrong with that. TxRider's is my favorite hands-down though. I'm a fan of OD iron, so it's always nice to see a clean M37 like that.

TxRider

Observer
Thanks Sport-trac..

I'm really surprised more people don't use old power wagons for expedition vehicles, they are stout old trucks, not too big, and you can still get all the drivetrain parts. They were even exported all over the world, thousands of them in the middle east, asia and S. America up to the 70's not even including the military trucks.

I always though the ambulance version of mine would be awesome, 1 ton chassis and drive train etc and lots of room. Only issue is stock gears are just two 5:83 and 4:89, kinda limits top speeds unless you swap axles.

Like this one, full time 4x4, 1 ton, tough as nails, military, and room in back to spare...

Dodge%20M43%201952.jpg

bonito

jasonL_031

I am running 35' Toyo M/T's on stock rims. I have painted the rims now and I love these tires. You can air them down to 4 psi and run them on the street at great speeds. I love the Toyos.
:victory:

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpg
    IMG_4810.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_5527.JPG
    IMG_5527.JPG
    955.9 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    925.9 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_5528.JPG
    IMG_5528.JPG
    950.2 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:

motoexplorer

Mostly used as a tow vehicle, but has also been used for some exploration itself. Stock 2003 F250 6.0 Diesel. Despite the bad rap on the 6.0, I myself have had no issues with the truck.

web.jpg

SunMan

Adventurer
Awesome Rigs posted so far! Our's is bone stock, except for some airbags, lights and cap, but it doesnt mean we dont use it for everything its worth!

Exploring the Coastline of Baja

The Best Campsites are ALWAYS hard to get too

423438568_RrDgt-L-1.jpg

Is that hill climb with trailer heading south out of Bahia Asuncion? Sure looks like it.

jasonL_031

Adventurer
bonito

yea i love my toyos too i just dont like how fast they wear i only got 20000 kms out of my 295/70r17s i'm just hoping that i get more kms out of my 35s how many miles/kms do you have on your set?

28361400052_large.jpg

Last edited:

bonito

On the Toyo's, yes they wear quick, but if you keep the pressure up close to 40 PSI they last better. I got fast wear for first 10.000 miles, they I run 38 psi back and 42-45 in the front. Off road 28-32 front, 18-28 rear.I have over 30.000 miles on them and 2 look ok, but the rear two look more like slicks now. :D
That's why I got a PowerTank (10 lbs Co2 bottle) and I air them down for off road and air 'em up for on road. Works great. Currently I have about at least 2! nails in each tire and no fix a flat or slime in them and only very little air loss a month!:victory:
Now I have to safe up and get 4 new ones. (Let's rob a bank, LOL).

To black its beautiful, I had a black Crown Vic (Ex- cop car) but a pain to keep it clean too, I feel ya. But hey good looks cost a bit of work, look at models (women), it takes them 2 hours to get ready, before then get out of the bath room and spend another hour dressing, LOL.

Stock or not stock, as long you having fun! Who cares if you have a Ram, Ford, Chevy or who knows what, if you are out there and having fun thats' all that counts in my humble opinion.

ps. Do my pictures load up or you have to click on them?
On my computer I only have a link?! Any advise?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Recently traded my 2005 Explorer Sport Trac in...
1-12e.jpg

3" lift, lift shackles, front and rear sway bar disconnects, 33x12.50 Cooper STT's, 4.88 gears, front and rear aussie lockers, front and rear 2" receivers with warn quick connects, xcal 2 programmer and some other stuff...

... For a stock 2006 F150 FX4 Super Crew, 5.4L 3.73 factory trac-loc.
Only mods so far are Bilstein 5100's (2" leveled), BFG KM2 35x12.50R18's, Xcal 2 and window tint.
35d.jpg

35b.jpg

35e.jpg

I've only had the leveling kit and tires on for a week so I haven't had a chance to get off road with it yet. I got tired of tent camping and eventually hope to pick up a Four Wheel Camper Hawk model. For the truck, 4.56 gears and atleast a locker in the rear, maybe limited slip up front.

wow...only a 2 inch leveling kit to fit 35's. A FWC Hawk would look great on that truck. BTW How does the factory trac loc operate?

o and nice truck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12