"King Leonidas" Build thread!

michaels

Explorer
Beasley
Cashiers... Possible Caney
Some exploring of the FS roads around Chattahoochee National Forest and the surrounding area

And if anything just some camping!!

Peter

beasley...yes
cashiers...30 minutes from caney
caney...way fun.

amicalola...no way. so we gotta find some new roads in the hooch. i don't want to go back to amicalola for a few years.

pnorvell

Adventurer
beasley...yes
cashiers...30 minutes from caney
caney...way fun.

amicalola...no way. so we gotta find some new roads in the hooch. i don't want to go back to amicalola for a few years.

I'm feeling the same for Amicalola, though I wouldn't be surprised if those roads were closed here in the next year or so. Beasley was fun but I don't know if it was worth the drive personally, but it could be a fun trip. We'll get something going here pretty soon.

Peter

pnorvell

Adventurer
Flares... Gone!

P6050056.jpg

P6050057.jpg

The passenger side was a little more in depths. I rushed through the removal, and completely regret it! It probably took almost twice as long but I'm very happy with the change!

Peter

tweak

Any advice as to how to remove the double sided tape under the flares? I did one the other day and it took forever! I also think I removed some of the clearcoat, in one spot, with the chemical I put on it.

pnorvell

Adventurer
Any advice as to how to remove the double sided tape under the flares? I did one the other day and it took forever! I also think I removed some of the clearcoat, in one spot, with the chemical I put on it.

Oh man, that's no bueno! There has been multiple methods used for the little project. Some work, and some don't. I found that using these products helped:

-Citrus based Goo Gone
-Dremel tool with buffer attachment (not the cloth one, but the one made up of plastic wires)
-Blaster auto protectant & polish found on EE
-And a good buffer

A lot of people said to use hair dryers/heat guns, but I did not have access to either so I can't speak on how helpful/useless they may have been.

Hope that helps! Let's see some pics when you're done!

Peter

david despain

Adventurer
Explanation? Easy to come by? etc etc

Peter

100LL
http://www.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads/aviation/avgas_100ll_pds.pdf

easy to come by? heck yes. step one: walk out of office, go into shop. step one(a) get a bucket, preferably a clean one. step two: here you have some options. either sump some fuel from any number of airplanes you see within 50 ft of the hangar door, or walk a hundred feet further and sump some from a fuel truck or get some out of the barrels full of throw away fuel from maintenance being performed at the shop next door. step three, go back in the hangar and dip a rag in the aformentioned bucket then wipe the residue from your automobile. step four wash your automobile. (then clean the hangar floor, your mother doesnt work here)

alternate step 2: for this one you dont even have to go outside the hangar, sump some jet A this should probably work, but it may take a little extra time and/or scrubbing. proceed to steps 3 and 4.

see you could have performed steps 1-4 in less time than it took to write this up.

pnorvell

Adventurer
100LL
http://www.shell.com/static/au-en/downloads/aviation/avgas_100ll_pds.pdf

easy to come by? heck yes. step one: walk out of office, go into shop. step one(a) get a bucket, preferably a clean one. step two: here you have some options. either sump some fuel from any number of airplanes you see within 50 ft of the hangar door, or walk a hundred feet further and sump some from a fuel truck or get some out of the barrels full of throw away fuel from maintenance being performed at the shop next door. step three, go back in the hangar and dip a rag in the aformentioned bucket then wipe the residue from your automobile. step four wash your automobile. (then clean the hangar floor, your mother doesnt work here)

alternate step 2: for this one you dont even have to go outside the hangar, sump some jet A this should probably work, but it may take a little extra time and/or scrubbing. proceed to steps 3 and 4.

see you could have performed steps 1-4 in less time than it took to write this up.

Yeah, that sounds easy to come by:sombrero::sombrero:!! I will admit I was let down by the Goo Gone. Did not stand up to praise it received in my opinion. Then again, I didn't use a heat gun so maybe that was the missing link. I'll try to find some jet fuel for if I remove the side molding!

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179