300GD in Portland Oregon... Member's rig???

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
PHILOMATH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a cabin on the Alsea river (Little Switzerland area) so I'm REAL familliar with Philomath... THat is awesome, I'll have to peak around next week when we head down there.

Love that MKI Rabbit mate, I've had a few of theose but I never built the MKI's up like my MKII Jetta :D Oh how fun it was to embarass Porshe's in a "Little old Jetta" HAHAHAHAHA. Good looking bunk you go thtere.

I would LOVE to get in on some SAR groups now that I"m FINALY able to do heavy work again... PM me and let me know cause I'm fairly free currently and would love to give some of my time to Help out. That's what I live for eh ;)

I've been really interested in the NWMogFest but it just never line's up with my schedgule. I WILL be going to the next one eh. I drove MOG Fire engines a few years ago so I have ALOT of love for Merc 4wd's like MOg's and G-Wagens...

Cheers

DAve

Hehe, awesome Dave! My uncle has a place on the Alsea too. What a great drive that is from Philomath to Waldport.

Two links from this year's event at Dai's winery(gorgeous);
http://www.clubgwagen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1703

http://www.clubgwagen.com/treffen/

Thanks on the Mk1. It's what got me started ('83 GTi--first car) in the German's. :smiley_drive:

Ok, PM sent regarding SAR. We'd LOVE to have you. Some serious wheelers and backcountry adventurers in the group (lots of Jeep's and a nutty 4dr Samurai w/ CAD-designed rear susp setup and all).

Come out next year to NWMF. You will be in heaven!

:wings: :drool: :smiley_drive:

somesnowday

Just saw the White, or A white G rolling up 99W towards Portland a few minutes ago... THere was a woman driving it and I think she was a little confussed by the guy in the 4Runner hanging out his window Giving her the thumbs up with my tounge hanging out :D HAHAHAHAHA IF that was anyone's wife, please apologize and let her know I was not intending to look like letcherous old hoon ;)

Man I would give up on a 70-Series Cruiser and my 4Runner if I could afford to buy and build the G-Wagen I want... Hell even the better half thinks that the non-blingy, off-road oriented ones look "SWEET AS" to use her words... That's all I need to hear (well that and say 20G's to throw at a truck ;) )

Cheers

Dave

No way. That was my wife and I on our way home. I was re-teaching my wife to drive the manual because we just sold our other vehicle and now have only the G a the motorcycle. Man small world eh.

-
Craig

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
No way. That was my wife and I on our way home. I was re-teaching my wife to drive the manual because we just sold our other vehicle and now have only the G a the motorcycle. Man small world eh.

-
Craig

HAHAHHA Awesome, yeah it sure is a small world eh. Love your truck mate, I have a friend who lives back in behind the shop there towards Taylors Ferry so I go right by the back yard there several times a week. Like I said EVERY time we go by I yak the better half's ear off about how sweet your truck is. Best part is She thinks it's awesome too. She hates seeing them all "bling'd" up... I got a good one eh ;)

Well, I'm sure we'll see eachother around again soon enough mate. I'm in the Charcoal Greay 1st Gen 4Runner With a basket-rack and a shovel on top. Like I said you'll know it's me :D I'm trying to start a trend like motor-cyclists where I give a wave whenever I see a neat 4wd/expo rig and it's catching on!!!!!

Take it easy Craig hope to someday meet you guy's and see your awesome trucks up close.

Cheers and No Worries

Dave

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
My friend knows where a SWB OD G is parked in the Gabriel Park area. I'll email him and go take pictures of it. :)

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My friend knows where a SWB OD G is parked in the Gabriel Park area. I'll email him and go take pictures of it. :)
I wouldn't be suprised to find that is the same one I'm talking about. I see it goign up Vermont (heading east) crossing 45th st. (akak the corner of Gabriel park) all the time. Neat truck, I'd love to crawl around it sometime. SO... Smoebody here shoudl buy it so I can :D HAHAHAHAHA

MK2GTI: Hey brother sorry I didn't make the meeting I'd planned on being at... I'm embarassed to say I tried to fix/fight a 27ton Log spliter adn well... It won. nothign too serious, but...well i got to spend the night in the ER while they tried and tried to find a fracture through all the scar-tissue i have in my hands HAHAHAHAHAHA... I AM planning on going to the next one though. I'm super excited to meet you and get into this Voly SAR work. I'm just plain PSYCHED... Plus if you're intersted I can show you some neat and simple rope tricks and knots

CHeers

Dave

somesnowday

Don't look for me in my white G anymore. I sold it a couple weeks ago to a gent who lives in Newburg.

Yesterday I flew to San Francisco and purchased a dark blue 1998 Puch G320. So you can look for me in that.

I cannot wait to get the side steps off the side, get bigger tires, make stronger bumpers, make a roof rack, and add some more lights. But I'm going to need to save up some money first.

5027555120_d0e66fefba.jpg

5026933251_c7695fd8be.jpg

burquedoka

Adventurer
1998 Puch? Are you sure it isn't just sporting a Puch badge? If so I wasn't aware there were any 463 Puch's. She looks like a beauty either way.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I wouldn't be suprised to find that is the same one I'm talking about. I see it goign up Vermont (heading east) crossing 45th st. (akak the corner of Gabriel park) all the time. Neat truck, I'd love to crawl around it sometime. SO... Smoebody here shoudl buy it so I can :D HAHAHAHAHA

MK2GTI: Hey brother sorry I didn't make the meeting I'd planned on being at... I'm embarassed to say I tried to fix/fight a 27ton Log spliter adn well... It won. nothign too serious, but...well i got to spend the night in the ER while they tried and tried to find a fracture through all the scar-tissue i have in my hands HAHAHAHAHAHA... I AM planning on going to the next one though. I'm super excited to meet you and get into this Voly SAR work. I'm just plain PSYCHED... Plus if you're intersted I can show you some neat and simple rope tricks and knots

CHeers

Dave

NP at all Dave, catch you at the next one. I hope your hand gets better!

burquedoka

Adventurer

Attachments

• screen-capture-21.jpg
    screen-capture-21.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 56
  • screen-capture-22.jpg
    screen-capture-22.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 45
  • screen-capture-23.jpg
    screen-capture-23.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 51
  • screen-capture-17.jpg
    screen-capture-17.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 37
  • screen-capture-18.jpg
    screen-capture-18.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 45
  • screen-capture-16.jpg
    screen-capture-16.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 34

somesnowday

Sorry no fun pics. Just some out of focus ones I took outside my house.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49153179@N03/5027555120/in/photostream/lightbox/

And Yes! This is a real Puch model. Only 1 of 2 or 3 in the US. The only mercedes symbols on the G is on the tape deck door. The shift lever has a G on it, the steering wheel has a G not a star, and all G wagens that I have seen have a hole in the hood for an emblem (where the hood star is on a cars) and on mine there is no emblem or hole for one. The door jam has the importation and federalization information on it and it is listed as a Puch. The G was sold into Switzerland or something to a lady that owns a vineyard in the States and she left then imported it into the States a year later. She spent $138,000 buying it and importing it and then sold it in California once the G500s became available here. The G has a "vag463" vin and was told that it was a Puch vin but I don't know.

I just found this...
"Consequently, 10% should be marketed under the Puch name, in Austria, Switzerland, Yugoslavia and the other COMECON countries. The reason of this share was that it was presumed that it would be much easier to sell under the Mercedes badge rather than the Puch, except in the mentioned markets where Puch products were already well known."

Hey burquedoka, I like the size or your tires and I was thinking about getting the BFG A/T that you have in the photos? How is the road noise compared to every day street tires? How do they do in the snow? I have heard good things about the snow performance but not on a G.

Also, I'm most intrigued because it looks like you have the same 16" wheels as I have and I'm trying to figure out what size to get. What size do you have on there? Thanks for your input.

PS I'm embarrassed on how small the tires are, they look smaller than stock.

-
Craig

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle