Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

deminimis

Explorer
Just throw a Giant Loop over the back and she's ready to go.

I wish that was all. Got the GL Great Basin, so that's covered. Need to turn my attention to the undersized tank and get a Safari tank. I'm going to do some rear subframe mods to beef it up as it needs it. Need a side stand relocator, better bash plate, buy and modify a center stand to work, etc., etc., etc. Ordered some new plastics today as the orig owner thought it best to paint the orig orange plastics black. Also ordered the touring windscreen for the 690 Enduro as it fits well on the 950 (with some drilling, of course). Even with all that, there's the preventative issues I want to address now (aftermarket clutch slave, aftermarket fuel pump and so on). Yup, this bike has a ways to go before its ready to head out to parts unknown. Oh, that freak'n stock seat has to go too!

traveltoad

Aaron S
I wish that was all. Got the GL Great Basin, so that's covered. Need to turn my attention to the undersized tank and get a Safari tank. I'm going to do some rear subframe mods to beef it up as it needs it. Need a side stand relocator, better bash plate, buy and modify a center stand to work, etc., etc., etc. Ordered some new plastics today as the orig owner thought it best to paint the orig orange plastics black. Also ordered the touring windscreen for the 690 Enduro as it fits well on the 950 (with some drilling, of course). Even with all that, there's the preventative issues I want to address now (aftermarket clutch slave, aftermarket fuel pump and so on). Yup, this bike has a ways to go before its ready to head out to parts unknown. Oh, that freak'n stock seat has to go too!

Black Dog Skidplate... Black Dog side stand bracket... Vacuum fuel pump... good call on the 690 windscreen... early 950S Center stand...

The other stuff is not as important.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
That Vstrom's been around!

Let's see, San Juans, Bryce Canyon?, UP, cornfields of Iowa? What did I miss? At any rate, you've gone through a few rear tires I imagine. Congrats!

deminimis

Explorer
Black Dog Skidplate... Black Dog side stand bracket... Vacuum fuel pump... good call on the 690 windscreen... early 950S Center stand...

The other stuff is not as important.

Modified a non-S center stand (added 33mm length to it) and reinforced my subframe so I can carry gear/fuel. Ordered spark arrestors for the Akras. Next month, I'll be writing a heck of a check to Black Dog Cycle.

IMG_20101222_162103.jpg

IMG_20101226_144641.jpg

I may build a rack system to protect the cans and keep the Great Basin off the cans, but after that, its bolt-on bliss from this point forward!

Lygriek

R1200gsa

2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Big and heavy, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :bike_rider:

Attachments

• 2010gsa.jpg
    2010gsa.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 49

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
DSCF0044-1.jpg

Trusty 2004 Yamaha WR450, Dual Sported with Giantloopmoto, saddle bag and Wolfman tank bag.

Ultimate set up for fast and light, off road adventures.

dwalt

Let's see, San Juans, Bryce Canyon?, UP, cornfields of Iowa? What did I miss? At any rate, you've gone through a few rear tires I imagine. Congrats!

Pretty close!!

38 states so far, the rest of the lower forty-eight (Upper NE) and maybe AK this summer:victory:

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
A few from Mexico.

Cocos-Corner_0022-1024x768.jpg

Mazatlan-Durango_0227-1024x768.jpg

Mazatlan-DurangoG11_0003-1024x768.jpg

And one from my friend in Chile. I guess he got a little more 'adventure' than he bargained for...

charlesinferno1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78