1967 Land Rover series 11a 109 Travelling Canada to Panama

geovalue

Adventurer
Another Canadian overlander. sounds like you are having fun. We are heading into Baja within a few days, perhaps we will meet you somewhere on route. take care and travel safe

Justin & Nadine

Hi
We are excited to run into you along the way, had a quick look at your website and looking forward to hearing about your adventures. We will be in Baja tell beginning of January then we move on to Sayulita ten km's north of Puerto Vallarta

Josh

Adventurer
We'll keep an eye out for you.. though you've got a bit of a jump on us. We'll be leaving for Mexico from our home in Alaska shortly after the new year in our 1970 109.
Take care and enjoy!

Justin & Nadine

From Dust to Lush

Hi Everyone

Just made it from Baja to San Blas. The roads are definitely different so is the traffic.
The 1967 Land Rover is running like a top, a large portion of the engine break in complete. The power has definitely improved our diesel mileage is averaging about 22 mpg. The benz 3.0 litre was a perfect choice for our journey. (check our Blog for the stats on the Land rover)
The only complaint is the steering and the narrow track of the wheels its causing the truck to change lanes constantly making long journeys on the highway tiring.
We are going to follow the coast for awhile and track down some surf time before going inland to Guadalajara.
Looking forward to running into all you travellers in Mexico.
http://ouryearaslandrovers.blogspot.com/

diesel toyota

Observer
Oaxaca

I have friends in Oaxaca, on the coast, in Barra De La Cruz, 20 km south of Huatulco. Go there, get a cabana from Pepe. Surf here, relax.

coydogsf

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

We're a little ways ahead of you in San Cristobal de las Casas and heading towards the Yucatan before continuing to Panama -> South America. Maybe we'll cross paths at some point.

We really loved the interior of Mexico (Guanajuato, San Miguel, Paztcuaro) so you're heading into great country. Check out our site if you're interested in what's coming up or DON'T and have fun figuring it out yourselves!

Dave and Ann

Justin & Nadine

Our vacation from our vacation just extended

Was doing some truck checks yesterday and found one part had failed. Went to fix it and found I was sold the wrong parts. Now we have to hang out in a surf town for couple a days (we hope) waiting for them to arrive from Canada.

Justin & Nadine

Michocan Coast highway 200

Hi Everyone

We need to change our route and will have to drive the coastal highway through Michocan. We have been told by some we should avoid it at all costs. Anyone driven there lately and is it safe?

Thanks

Your web site and others like Trans World Expedition are how web sites are supposed to be done. You mix the stories within the photos so that we can keep everything straight in our heads and not have to jump to separate photo pages. You also make it easy to find the beginning of the trip and pick any year, month, and day of the trip. I've gotten so jaded from reading journals like this that if it's not done the way you do it, I won't read it, no matter how famous or epic a trip it is.

Great job! I can tell, even though I haven't read a word yet (I have the blog up on another tab next to this thread, though. That tab is going to stay up as long as the trip is ongoing or I read to the end of it. I've done that with TWE and several others.

Justin & Nadine

Any Overlanders in the area

Hello Everyone

I know we are traveling at the wrong time of year but is anyone in the Guatemala Area.
We can say we have not seen one person in months!

Justin & Nadine

unURBAN

Adventurer
Sorry.... We are now in Colombia with www.toyotours.com and www.nordsued.ch .... You guys are taking your time! :) Which is good! And we also found Guatemala to be one of the nicest countries in Central America!

Just checked your blog and saw that your last post was from Tikal area, so I'm guessing you are driving west across the mountains..? You can have a lot of fun in Lanquin at a guesthouse called Zephyr. This is a party place with lots of backpackers. Fun for a couple of days, and close (9 kms) to the spectacular Semuc Champey. They let you park/camp outside. To meet other overlanders, make sure you stop at the Tourist police compound in Antigua. They let you camp for free in the middle of town. If you don't meet other overlanders there, you truly are alone........ ;-)

If you need coordinates have a look at our campsite list at www.unurban.no/unurbancamp.html

Safe travels!!
E&M

Justin & Nadine

Hey Malin and Espen

Thanks guys, we'll go check out the compound.

Its really strange, we haven't seen any overlanders at all since we've been in the Yucatan. Its funny about the time, we really don't know where it goes. We thought we would be in Costa Rica by now but we seem to meander along so slowly! and still we don't see everything we want to see!

Thanks for those gps locations - they'll be a great help!

Take care and have fun in Colombia!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12