Standing Tub for Camping hot shower?

kilimats

Observer
I just got myself a ZODI Extreme unit and was wondering what you guys use to hold the water during your shower

I will be camping in busy area sometimes so i would like to avoid water run off and be able to transport the water somewhere it is safe to throw out.

share your setup :)

NuggetHoarder

Adventurer
I do a lot of prospecting so I have a couple of restaurant bus trays with me all the time. If I didn't have those, I'd probably use one of my 8 gallon actionpacker boxes.

kilimats

Observer
I believe to have found a foldable solution, not yet tested though

I ordered this two guys

A stand platform: Stromberg Carlson Product PA-100 Aluminum Folding Platform Step
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PWJRWS

41UwABurPNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

one buckets, large enough to stand in: Kitchen, Pack Sink 11.5 square, 14 liters
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016LSRN4

411pvOA1EML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
When I shower at the shop with a Zodi shower I stand in a action packer style container. It gathers the vast majority of the water. I pour it down the toilet, mop the floor and I'm done.

Xterabl

Adventurer
kilimats, is your plan to put the bucket under the platform, thus catching most, but not all, of the water? Or???

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Interesting ideas. I wonder if anyone makes a 'collapsible' bowl similar to that of a soft sided collapsible dog bowl but in a much larger scale, say 2' in diameter?

Something like this but larger?

stanpic1077.jpg

Pair it with your ExpeditionOps shower mat to step out on when your done, perfect.

ddog45

Adventurer
We only use our shower if we are near a river or a stream to gather water from. Then I use a trusty five gallon bucket that doubles as a fire wood bucket and I stand on a floor mat from my landcruiser. Biodegradable soap of course. You overland guys make car camping so difficult.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
We only use our shower if we are near a river or a stream to gather water from. Then I use a trusty five gallon bucket that doubles as a fire wood bucket and I stand on a floor mat from my landcruiser. Biodegradable soap of course. You overland guys make car camping so difficult.

I don't see much of a need for my personal uses but I can absolutely see where it would be convenient to capture your water to dump elsewhere. I had nearly a dozen people shower off of my truck last spring on a trip we did in Southern Utah... by the time everyone was finished I had a standing cess pool of filth surrounding my truck. I'm ok with my filth but walking in the rest to unhook my shower was like walking barefoot in prison bathroom, I've heard.

bluejeep

just a guy
Interesting ideas. I wonder if anyone makes a 'collapsible' bowl similar to that of a soft sided collapsible dog bowl but in a much larger scale, say 2' in diameter?

Something like this but larger?

stanpic1077.jpg

Pair it with your ExpeditionOps shower mat to step out on when your done, perfect.

Seattle Sports makes a few 'buckets'

Cabelas sells one of them (online only)

link

The reviews at Cabelas are great for the tall round unit, poor for the low square one.

kilimats

Observer
kilimats, is your plan to put the bucket under the platform, thus catching most, but not all, of the water? Or???

I was planning on having the sink on top of the platform but your idea actually could work better if i can find a slim sink to put under. I'll follow up with my findings when i get everything delivered

Accrete

Explorer
i rigged up a nice solution for our van. One hula hoop cut down to size of a ~3ft diam kiddie blow up pool (~6" deep). Standard shower curtain hooked on hula hoop and base of curtain falls inside of pool. Takes ~10 breaths of air to fill pool, hook hoop on interior roof of van, pump up insulated 1 gallon garden sprayer filled with 50/50 mix of boiling/cold water and we get 2 five minute showers back to back. Hole thing folds down to ~2" by ~38" in a bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater