Lets see some full size pictures...

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
new here been looking on this site for a while and i plan to learn a lot from you guys. a lot of you have some pretty nice rigs. hopefully i will be able to get mine up to par with all of yours when i get the funds to. but here is what i have to start with.
Sweet, another Avalanche owner.
icon_wavey.gif

A few ideas here: My Avalanche

Dirty Beans

Sweet, another Avalanche owner.
icon_wavey.gif

A few ideas here: My Avalanche

you have some pretty good mods. i do have the f150 keys already and i wanted to do something with the bed so i could mount up my Smittybilt trail jack like you have your shovel mounted. do you think that the bed plastic is strong enough for that? another thing i hate is how you can fit a bike in with out having to keep the tailgate down.

bldeagle10

Explorer
306414_10150267621681646_534786645_8215559_1258808_n.jpg
hows that for a full size rig? not mine, suspected to be photoshopped, if I could work on the departure angle this thing would be friggen sweet to build as an expo/emergency response/evac rig...

supposedly its on rockwells and tractor tires, if i did do this id have a m35a2 that I would bob first then use the spare axle as the rear and just buy a front rockwell, ARB's, 49's or 53's..would be a fun project. one hell of a drive shaft though.

emillika

Observer
I see in the above referenced Avalanche link a mention of cutting the back stops to allow the seats to recline all the way back. I would like to do this on my 2005 CCLB truck.. any links or information on how to do this?

Thanks.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I see in the above referenced Avalanche link a mention of cutting the back stops to allow the seats to recline all the way back. I would like to do this on my 2005 CCLB truck.. any links or information on how to do this?

Thanks.
Here's a copy of the post about the seat recline mod.
Well after reading several threads about our seats that don’t quite recline and having a few times that I wanted to take a nap in my truck I finally decided to fix the problem. Tonight I finally had time to spruce up Babe’s interior. Of coarse having someone spill a big coke all over the passenger side helped me make time…. While I was cleaning, my mind wandered as it often did and I thought a bout the lack of reclining…I pulled the lower side cover off the seat to get a better look at the hinge. I figured there was some kind of block in the way that could be ground off…wrong. I’m glad I was wrong. It turns out there is no real limit on the hinge. A threaded rod moves the seat back. The rod (in plain view when the cover is removed) has a ring crimped to the middle of it to limit the movement. It looks like you can just turn it, but it’s clamped too tight. I tried to smash it back to round with no luck. Dremel time…I cut the bottom of the ring. Then I turned it like a nut toward the back. After some trial and error I found that the limit the back to 1 inch above the back seat, leave about ¾ inch between the end of the threads and the ring. That’s it…almost. The trim parts need to bee trimmed so the seat can move with out breaking them. I enlarged the openings by ¾’ toward the back. If you do this remove the trim parts first, outboard and inboard.
Now the drawbacks. When the seats are fully reclined you can’t pull the seat belt out. You should NEVER ride or drive with the seat reclined, if you get in a wreck it will drastically increase your chances of dying a painful death!
The driver’s seat has a position sensor that has limits and this mod exceeds them. I tried unplugging it, but then the seat won’t work. I’ll pull the seat when I have time and come up with a fix. I believe it will break in time.
I cut the brass down the side and split it off the threaded rod.

ibelonginprison

My "work in progress." 94 Full size Blazer. 4" of suspension lift, but weighted down with the bumper to be, well, who knows how tall. 35" Goodyear MTR's on 15x10. Only had it 6 months or so, so it's always got a little something here or there changing on it. Usual stuff in the works, winch, roof rack, D60 SAS etc. I have a bunch of other projects, so it only gets touched every now and then. Hope to give it a little more love this fall. Here it is at Gray Rock ORV a couple weeks ago. Nothing much to look at, but she's definitely fun to drive.

blazergrayrock.jpg

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Off Road Fleet

IMG_1230 (Large).JPGIMG_1294 (Large).JPGIMG_0628 (Large).JPGIMG_1296 (Large).JPG
If you having problems with multiple loads, then maybe have a talk to the misses. Ok, only joking, good to see you on the site. Keep those pics coming.:Wow1: Ow, by the way, what truck are you driving now?:ylsmoke:

Hi Chill,
Misses said no missfires to date...but thanks for your concern...
Joking asside, truck is 2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ, thinking of upgrading to a 1 ton. Suspension of the 1/2 ton sags under the Alaskan Camper.
Trailer just finished, awaiting fenders on Monday.
Bike is mostly for solo on and off road exploration.
Cheers

belkar

Here's our new to us '70 Travelall. It's got a 392, wide ratio T19, NP202, dana 60's and ARB lockers on both ends. The 37" humvee tires will be coming off shortly. They look cool, but I want to be able to turn to the right.

137.JPG

138.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman

Members online