2006 Ford full of rANGER

utherjorge

Observer
So, I always scour the local BookFace Martketplace for shenanigans. That's how I got the Ranger!

Somewhat local guy was selling some Ranger stuff for the short bed. Total Score for $450.

First, I got a cap with working struts and screens:
1705410619634.jpeg

I mean, I was going to bedline it, but now I don't have to: Ford drop in bedliner:
1705410674073.jpeg

But the biggie, and sort of listed briefly on the original post: a bedslide he only wanted $100, as part of the whole $450...the cap and liner are nice, but one of these for $100? Yes, please.

1705410750009.jpeg

Wyo37

Looking forward to following this thread as I'm considering an older ranger as a dedicated hunting pickup. Are there options for a rear locker in these?

Sweet find for an awesome deal! (Ps I can't see the pics in the O.P.)

utherjorge

Observer
Looking forward to following this thread as I'm considering an older ranger as a dedicated hunting pickup. Are there options for a rear locker in these?

Sweet find for an awesome deal! (Ps I can't see the pics in the O.P.)
Thanks! I just fixed the picture.

There are lockers. It really depends on what axle you have, and there are quite a few out there. If I am reading things correctly, I have some choices I can make when the time comes. This includes LSDs, e-lockers, and ARB lockers.

TwinStick

Explorer
I do know that the front brake calipers are known to stick. And as a result, they get glowing hot, melt the rubber brake hose and catch it on fire.

Ask me how I know.

I was an unfortunate spectator to someone else's Ford Ranger that went up in flames. By the time someone had a fire extinguisher, truck was fully engulfed. We had an 88' Ranger.

I would change calipers if they are old.

But yes, $450 was quite the deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998