The Bushwakka Bhoma

kbahus

Adventurer
Anyone on here with one? I just picked up #3 and I am not sure how many are here in the states. Seems like a well built, nifty trailer. We were looking at either a Dweller or Mantis for the family, but this popped up within driving distance and instantly loved the tip out beds, that it is built in South Africa, and the fact it won't fall apart like a Mantis. The box is built like a fire truck too, which I appreciate. There are a few issues I need to figure out and am hoping to put some type of heater in it asap for fall camping. It is setup it with all Victron electronics, instant hot water, and a National Luna fridge. I have a few gripes like the awnings are a pain in the rear, the stairs to get in are too long, and the tent screens are a super wide mesh. I don't know if they only have giant bugs in Africa or what, but I would think the midwest variety will have no problem coming on through. I will keep this thread updated as I progress through the new owner quirks.

full

full

Screens look like this:
full

kbahus

Adventurer
I have been able to spend a little time going through some things and found a couple split water lines that need repaired. The pex style tubing is not standard and measures out at 15mm. I was able to find some online so hopefully the repairs are successful. Turns out SeaRay used some of this size in their boats here in the states.

Also had to do some cleanup in the battery compartments. They are the lowest point in the trailer and have no drains so they hold water. I need to figure out some type of scupper I can install to let water out and keep stuff outside from coming in. The wiring was kind if sloppy so I started cleaning things up and now the Victron battery monitor is working so that is a plus.

37682DD2-F7D3-4741-AF2B-161C4D8F4FD3.jpeg
271753BF-E519-41B3-A0D6-13B9E61E4FE9.jpeg

kbahus

Adventurer
Got all of the electrical squared away and took it out for a few nights. I really like the bed setup and the kitchen. It stayed super warm with a small electric heater on cold nights that got into the 20's. It is a really nice compromise between a full hard side trailer and a tent or regular style popup. I was on my own so I only folded one bed out and partially popped the top to keep the heat in. Some improvements are in order but it is totally useable as is which is nice.

c4d4ce06-7b75-4a0d-b29d-c158711f67d0-jpeg.3473200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears