2008 Sportsmobile RB50 on E350 Quigley 4x4 - $45k - Off the market

Steve_382

Dropping the price to $44k to bump the add.

New rig on the way, so let's see if this seems reasonable. DM if interested. I also posted this on the SMB Forum

Located in Indiana, 190,000 miles

I put these pictures together last year when we were looking at a new Field Van from Fresno, CA. We bought this 2008 van new in 2008 and had Quigley 4x4 in PA do the 4x4 conversion, and then took it to Sportsmobile for the interior conversion and the pop top. No upper bed, just a storage shelf for night time usage.

It’s a 2008 E350 with a V 10 motor and currently has right at 190,000 miles on it. The vehicle runs great and we have fixed anything that went wrong mostly at the Ford dealer. I think we could get another 100,000 out of it if we wanted to, but 16 years is a long time in the same vehicle.

Some of the repairs that we have done over the years include replacing the canvas on the pop top about six years ago, also redoing the upholstery on the couch. We have also put new seat covers on several years ago on the drivers and passenger seat. Driver seat is electric adjustable. Passenger has a swivel.

I had Ford install a new radiator about a year and a half ago and within the last three or four years they also rebuilt the differential. We have fairly new brakes and rotors etc. on all four wheels. I also installed a new starter a few years ago.

The tires are pretty new with about 6000 miles on them. They are BF Goodrich AT TA KO2, size 265-70/17.

A couple years ago I noticed that the paint on the pop top was starting to fade a bit and we paid about $2500 to have the roof painted. We also had Ford install a new starter battery about a month ago.

Van does not have a water tank or a propane tank. We have a portable induction cooktop and we just use water jugs for water. We also have a small electric heater that we use if it’s cold and we are at a campground with electric. The van has two group 27 AGM 100 AH house batteries replaced about a year and a half ago and it has a 2000 watt inverter for 120VAC power for the cooktop and computers, etc.

Cosmetically the van looks pretty good for its age with the only blemish really being a small place on the upper side were the paint started to pop off just a little bit and I haven’t had a chance to fix it properly. There is no rust because we hardly drive it in the winter and spend the winter in Florida usually.

These are just things I can think of right off hand, as you can imagine after 15 years, we have fixed a lot of different things.

I have changed the oil with Mobil One full synthetic 5-20 every 5000 miles. I I have also had Ford do the 4 x 4 service several times over the years. there are no oil leaks anywhere to be found on the vehicle. The exhaust is original, but seems to be fine with no leaks.

The fridge is working well. The AC also works great on the van. This van drives quite well at 80+ on the highway, but doesn't get much fuel mileage at that speed. 13 to 14 if you go 65, 11 if you want to get there today. Ha.

image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image17.jpeg
image15.jpeg
image20.jpeg
image19.jpeg
image18.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve_382

Dropping the price to $44k to bump the add.

New rig on the way, so let's see if this seems reasonable. DM if interested. I also posted this on the SMB Forum

Located in Indiana, 190,000 miles

I put these pictures together last year when we were looking at a new Field Van from Fresno, CA. We bought this 2008 van new in 2008 and had Quigley 4x4 in PA do the 4x4 conversion, and then took it to Sportsmobile for the interior conversion and the pop top. No upper bed, just a storage shelf for night time usage.

It’s a 2008 E350 with a V 10 motor and currently has right at 190,000 miles on it. The vehicle runs great and we have fixed anything that went wrong mostly at the Ford dealer. I think we could get another 100,000 out of it if we wanted to, but 16 years is a long time in the same vehicle.

Some of the repairs that we have done over the years include replacing the canvas on the pop top about six years ago, also redoing the upholstery on the couch. We have also put new seat covers on several years ago on the drivers and passenger seat. Driver seat is electric adjustable. Passenger has a swivel.

I had Ford install a new radiator about a year and a half ago and within the last three or four years they also rebuilt the differential. We have fairly new brakes and rotors etc. on all four wheels. I also installed a new starter a few years ago.

The tires are pretty new with about 6000 miles on them. They are BF Goodrich AT TA KO2, size 265-70/17.

A couple years ago I noticed that the paint on the pop top was starting to fade a bit and we paid about $2500 to have the roof painted. We also had Ford install a new starter battery about a month ago.

Van does not have a water tank or a propane tank. We have a portable induction cooktop and we just use water jugs for water. We also have a small electric heater that we use if it’s cold and we are at a campground with electric. The van has two group 27 AGM 100 AH house batteries replaced about a year and a half ago and it has a 2000 watt inverter for 120VAC power for the cooktop and computers, etc.

Cosmetically the van looks pretty good for its age with the only blemish really being a small place on the upper side were the paint started to pop off just a little bit and I haven’t had a chance to fix it properly. There is no rust because we hardly drive it in the winter and spend the winter in Florida usually.

These are just things I can think of right off hand, as you can imagine after 15 years, we have fixed a lot of different things.

I have changed the oil with Mobil One full synthetic 5-20 every 5000 miles. I I have also had Ford do the 4 x 4 service several times over the years. there are no oil leaks anywhere to be found on the vehicle. The exhaust is original, but seems to be fine with no leaks.

The fridge is working well. The AC also works great on the van. This van drives quite well at 80+ on the highway, but doesn't get much fuel mileage at that speed. 13 to 14 if you go 65, 11 if you want to get there today. Ha.

View attachment 829314View attachment 829315View attachment 829316View attachment 829317View attachment 829318View attachment 829320View attachment 829321
Price drop from 45k to 44k to bump the post up. And, to find a buyer.

Steve_382

We have been in Florida for the winter in a condo rental, but will be home starting this weekend. If anyone is interested in a video tour, let me know. I have a couple of people that have shown some interest, but we'll see. A couple more pictures:

image21.jpeg
image12.jpeg
image11.jpeg
image8.jpeg
image10.jpeg

Steve_382

A few more pictures of the van FWIW. We are picking up the new van this week, so this one is available now. Best sleeping arrangement we have found. With the bed flipped down, you can sleep, but if you really want to sleep well, this Exped Megamat just makes a perfect way to sleep. We keep it compressed behind the couch during the day. Takes about a minute to inflate or compress.

Bed Opened.jpeg
Exped Mat for Sleeping.jpeg
Norcold Fridge.jpeg
Exped in stored position.jpeg

Steve_382

Well, after spending several hours looking at what we thought was going to be our new van, we decided it wasn't going to work as well as the old one, so we will just update a few things on the old one and keep using it. Can't say I am a big fan of the new Sprinter vans really. They don't have as much power as our old van and don't really drive as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998