1st Attack: No longer producing super singles

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Sent message after message and call after call then I listened to their entire voicemail. They are no longer producing super singles or modifying fire brush truck. Bummer. One of the more robust and reasonably priced options out there for us gone. Also liked how they were geared towards 35s and 37s and not 41s.

Any other hot leads on rims like that that don't cost $1200 per rim? Asking for a friend..

danneskjold

I had 2x of my First Attack wheels crack. No real big loss there IMO.

MRAP wheels are still the cheap option for Super Singles.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat

Wow. First I've heard of that. Thanks for the heads up. I've read MRAP wheel have a bead surface compatibility issue with MPT tires. Also I don't want 41s any more. Much rather have 37s. Do you know if there are any 37s that would fit MRAP type wheels?

Korey H

Same here. A few of ours cracked on our way to Guatemala. They wouldn’t ship replacements so I went to Stazworks who bent over backwards for us and had wheels on a plane in about a week! Can’t say enough good about Stazworks.

Ultimately FiratAttack DID refund our money. We had their wheels welded multiple times on that trip.

@wehartstravel
GMC C5500 crew

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Same here. A few of ours cracked on our way to Guatemala. They wouldn’t ship replacements so I went to Stazworks who bent over backwards for us and had wheels on a plane in about a week! Can’t say enough good about Stazworks.

Ultimately FiratAttack DID refund our money. We had their wheels welded multiple times on that trip.

@wehartstravel
GMC C5500 crew

Wow. Good on Stazworks for taking care of you in a critical bind. Also pretty obvious why 1st Attack stopped making the wheels or doing fire trucks.

baggio95

Not sure what rig you have and while I haven't purchased wheels from Staz, I've spoken to him at length about his modified MRAP wheels for both C4500 Topkick and usual 10 lug Ram/Ford. His will fit 275/80R20 MPTs.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Not sure what rig you have and while I haven't purchased wheels from Staz, I've spoken to him at length about his modified MRAP wheels for both C4500 Topkick and usual 10 lug Ram/Ford. His will fit 275/80R20 MPTs.

I'm considering this option. Only dilemma is his MRAP conversions won't track square (dish out rear, dish in front) without spacers.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I'm paying $485 each for a six lug application

MRAP? I'm assuming you'll have the LT bead profile? I haven't had him quote me yet for a 225x10 lug for Ford/Ram 450/4500, 550/5500 yet but I've seen him say anywhere from 750 to 850 per wheel on his FB page. Not sure if that includes powder coating. Seems like a fair deal still.

baggio95

I'm considering this option. Only dilemma is his MRAP conversions won't track square (dish out rear, dish in front) without spacers.
Yeah, I've looked at all the usual singles but unless my memory is going, I'm not aware of any where the front and rears don't flip. Well, I take that back, if you have a Ford, DBL makes a huge machined spacer. I have an old Ram but I recall the Fords requires it while the Ram doesn't. I can only assume it has to do with different rear axles that have the same bolt pattern. DBL's 3 piece also uses the Hutch MRAP rim. Staz machines it down some to help with the bead seating as mentioned. The DBL's will also fit the 275s but as with most things in TX, they like it bigger for show and not practicality. He told me the 275s look stupid on the rim and he prefers 335s or 365s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger