New Commander

lionsbreath

Adventurer
We are launching the new Jeep Commander at work tonite if anyone wants to stop by and say hello Free wine and food 5pm to 8pm :eatchicke @ Airpark Chrysler Jeep in Scottsdale off the 101 and Frank loyde Wright. Just say you are there to see Joe No Sale pitches from me but I will let you drive it and crawl all over it.
I know I know a toy owner selling Jeeps Well I need something to pull out. Just kidding :xxrotflma :xxrotflma

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Joe, I might be there. I wouldn't mind checking out the new Commander. I also want a couple of "trail rated" badges to put on the Trooper, because I know from experience that it is "trail rated" :D

And why does Jeep only trail rate their own vehicles? If they are the experts then they should trail rate other rigs as well ;)

Attachments

• 30327_458121599250_1458519_n.jpg
    30327_458121599250_1458519_n.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 30327_458121619250_7972316_n.jpg
    30327_458121619250_7972316_n.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 40998_1606327243669_6108123_n.jpg
    40998_1606327243669_6108123_n.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 24784_1359618680117_7751796_n.jpg
    24784_1359618680117_7751796_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Joe, thanks for the invite, and it was nice meeting you last night. I am not all that keen on the Commander style wise, but the dash set up is pretty cool. It was a good time and I like the cool shwag I recieved. :D Thanks again for the invite. :jump:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Warning!!!! Slightly off topic rant follows.....

Trail Rated = Mall Rated

Jeep entheusiasts are not fond of the "trail rated" crap. If a stock production vehicle cannont make it over the Rubicon trail unassisted, then it should not carry the jeep name. DC should not "sissify" the Jeep brand just to appeal to a larger market. They have other brands to cover the other segments. They should exploit the reputations of each of the brands they own to increase sales in their respective segments, not to increase sales in different segments. By diluting the brand names, they become unrecognizable, and stand for nothing. In the days of old, if you bought a Jeep, you knew it was a pretty capable vehicle....there was a bar that had been set, and the vehicle had cleared that bar. Now, there is no standard of measurement. "Trail Rated" means nothing. It is a gimmick. This is why you see so many "mall rated" stickers on older jeeps. Jeep entheusiasts are telling DC to take their "trail rated" crap and shove it up their :shakin:

end of rant. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
GT, I agree with your rant, that is basically why I stated that my Trooper also is trail rated...By myself. It can go most anywhere any of the stock Jeeps can go (with maybe the exception of a Wrangler) and perform just as well. Along with the Taco's and TLC's, etc.... These makers know that the group of buyers they are catering to know the capabilities of the vehicles they are buying. So, why not also put a trail rated badge on these vehicles? I spoke to Joe about this a bit last night and he can better fill in the reasoning behind the Jeep "Trail Rated" marketing strategy. Which is pretty much all that it is, a marketing strategy IMO. :shakin:

I put the monkey gettin' jiggy in there just for you GT. :D

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
datrupr said:
GT, I agree with your rant, that is basically why I stated that my Trooper also is trail rated...By myself. It can go most anywhere any of the stock Jeeps can go (with maybe the exception of a Wrangler) and perform just as well. Along with the Taco's and TLC's, etc.... These makers know that the group of buyers they are catering to know the capabilities of the vehicles they are buying. So, why not also put a trail rated badge on these vehicles? I spoke to Joe about this a bit last night and he can better fill in the reasoning behind the Jeep "Trail Rated" marketing strategy. Which is pretty much all that it is, a marketing strategy IMO. :shakin:

I put the monkey gettin' jiggy in there just for you GT. :D

I would like "trail rated" better if it was on a different vehicle. I just don't like the deal with skipping out on the long standing tradition of having a vehicle being proven on the Rubicon trail to be replaced with a marketing gimmick. BTW, I think I'm gonna order some "mall rated" stickers for my jeep....I'm just wierd like that.....

Scott Brady

Founder
The guy who started "Rubicon Rated" is Bob Lutz. He is a real car guy, and expects vehicles to perform as well as look great. He has a long career of success, including the Viper, PT Cruiser, etc. When he left to go to GM, so did the expectation.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I've seen some pix of them. Decent but I'll pass. Especially on the expected price.

Like most SUV's nowadays they'll never even see a dirt road.

A buddy of mine has a great sticker on his Xterra - "OHV not SUV".

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
It's just too bad that Bob Lutz hasn't had the same .....I dunno...hate to call it success....but I guess that is appropriate........over at GM. DC has come a long way, with alot of really innovative vehicles (well, relatively speaking anyway). GM is/has been releasing alot of new vehicles, retiring some old stand-bys, but they just aren't generating the emotion that you saw from DC. About the only exception I have seen is SSR. The rest of the "new" vehicles that they are putting out are really bland. Well, that and they are trying to make EVERY vehicle a luxery vehicle. Some of us still want basic, minimalistic, vehicles....I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have no need for heated leather vibrating 300 way power adjustable seats with a butt scratch mode....and I certainly don't want one in my basic commuter car.

Scott Brady

Founder
Lutz is faced with turning a behemoth that has lost its identity. What is GM? What do they do well? They don't even own hummer, their most identifiable brand.

I just think design and innovation is being stifled by bureaucracy.

At Toyota, an employee on her first day of work can stop the ENTIRE production line is a quality problem is found, and she would be praised for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2261.jpg
    IMG_2261.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo Feb 26, 7 32 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 26, 7 32 36 PM.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 0
S

Scenic WonderRunner

goodtimes said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have no need for heated leather vibrating 300 way power adjustable seats with a butt scratch mode....and I certainly don't want one in my basic commuter car.

Now....... Now....... Goodtimes!...........

You know you enjoy a good butt scratching from time to time......you just said that in your post 'cause it sounded good!......I'm on to you!........hehe :elkgrin:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Well, anyway... "Trail Rated" or not, I had a good time and met a nice person on this forum. And I did get some free "shwag" (see attachment). I don't really think it is of the highest quality, and it will probably not last for years, but it is always cool to get free stuff.

I was hoping to get free "Trail Rated" badges for the Trooper though.

Thanks again Joe for the invite, I did have a good time, and I will see you on the Broken Arrow run.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 1

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Meeting people with similar interests is one of the reasons for boards like this. It is cool when you can meet people that you otherwise would likely never meet...and if you did, you probably wouldn't have a clue that your interests parallel each other...very cool.

"I just think design and innovation is being stifled by bureaucracy."
-->yes, I agree. I have seen it, I have been part of it, I have fought it, I still am fighting it. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Red tape kills motivation to improve things. The ability and motivation to step outside of that box, see a solution, and be able to impliment it (or sell the idea to the person who has the resources to impliment it) is what seperates the great from the average. Hopefully Lutz can do it again with GM.

And yes, a good butt scratch is nice every now and then. I just don't want my car to give it to me!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
goodtimes said:
...And yes, a good butt scratch is nice every now and then. I just don't want my car to give it to me!

So is that finger lickin' good? :eatchicke

HA! I think I want one of thoose stickers for my Taco too! LOL

lionsbreath

Adventurer
Part of the problem is part of the cure. That is why the Wranglers are changing in 2007. New safty reg state that 2007+ veh. need to have front side airbags so now instead of building a just for a purpose veh. like a wrangler or corvet auto makers need now must focus on new saftystandards first.

Attachments

• IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads