Baja Trip, March 2005

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I thought I'd help start things off on this new cool forum with a link to my Baja trip last March. :cool:

Me and five friends had a ball down there enjoying the rugged natural beauty of Baja. I plan to make many more trips to Baja in the years to come.

Here is a link to the trip from my website.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Hola Amigo!

Chucks report is one of the best fauna centered adventorials I have read about Baja. They were able to document some truely impressive species :eek:

When are you planning another trip there Chuck, or is it time to head to the jungles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Hola Amigo!

Chucks report is one of the best fauna centered adventorials I have read about Baja. They were able to document some truely impressive species :eek:

When are you planning another trip there Chuck, or is it time to head to the jungles?

Thanks for the kind words Scott. :eek: :)

I'm kicking around the idea of a trip in October. I'll already be doing some work on the Mexican border in southern NM the first week of October and I'm thinking of just heading south from there. Take the ferry over and come back up Baja along the eastern shores as much as possible. I've really had an itch to swim with the whale sharks that come up into the Sea of Cortez in the fall each year.

The jungles will be visited next year if all goes well in my world. ;)

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
I was also planning to make a trip to the Sea of Cortez in October, but work has won out. Not all bad though, as I will be driving from AZ all the way to Florida in the truck, and do some adventures along the way. I will likely be taking I40 across, with a stop in Santa Fe ;)

one thing in noticed about the big Chuckawala (sp?) was that he did not have a light colored tail. The one example I saw in AZ was about half the size and had a light colored tail.

Attachments

• DSC_0096.jpg
    DSC_0096.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 2

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
I was also planning to make a trip to the Sea of Cortez in October, but work has won out. Not all bad though, as I will be driving from AZ all the way to Florida in the truck, and do some adventures along the way. I will likely be taking I40 across, with a stop in Santa Fe ;)

one thing in noticed about the big Chuckawala (sp?) was that he did not have a light colored tail. The one example I saw in AZ was about half the size and had a light colored tail.

If I'm around when you pass through, I'll buy the beers! :D The green chili is fresh and hot in the fall, you'll love it!

The chuckawalla in the picture is a different species than the ones in AZ, no light colored tail and a lot more spines. It's an endemic to Baja, which is why we tried so hard to catch one. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles