Hey guys

jeeper92

Adventurer
I scored a trailer a month ago. Its a 19xx ford pickup bed. I plan on using the fall and this winter to work on it. My abilities are very limited so youll have to bear with me. My first question is.......Ive seen all these really nice tents on this site and all the awesome builds. Would it be at all possible for me to put a cheaper tent on a platform? Any suggestions? I thought that there would be support issues and the water pooling up on the actual platform. I have seen several designs on here but havent gotten a reply from any of the builders (2). I will be towing with a 20001Jeep tj so Id like to keep it as light as possible. BELOW ARE SOME PICS, SHE aint pretty but shes mine
018.jpg

this is the picture of the platform that i build to raise it up over the wheel weels to have more room, camped in it with myself and two kids 7,5. Little cramped so I decided to go with the tent option.
019-1.jpg

YOUNGEST SON "hiding"
025.jpg

this top has been scrapped and the trailer has been rattle canned red,
022-1.jpg

i plan on getting matching tires then off to some place for a cheap *** pain job, my freaking rattle can turned out like ****. Any suggestions on matching the paint to my red tj?

I apprecaite all and any input thanks:victory:

frumpy

Explorer
did you just rattle can right over it? If you put in the time (sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, clear, sand, clear) you can have a pretty professional looking job.

If you are looking for a cheap tent platform why not just keep the cap and put a mattress in there? Also, I hope this isn't going to be for the trail, your TJ will have a hell of a time pulling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles