Smittybilt trail shade

achampagne

Explorer
tarp, poles, line, backpack for carrying or storage. I got for 37 bucks, I can't complain, I'll shoot it with water proofing spray and hope for the best.

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
smt-5662424_w.jpg

hmmm.. what if you want to open the back tailgate?? When I camp I'm always going in and out and with an LJ its just not practical to use the regular doors.

achampagne

Explorer
It can be attached to just about anything according to he description, they are just using the tailgate as a mounting point for the photo. I would most likely use my roof rack more often than not.

Last edited:

Token

Explorer
Size.. 2.5ft x 6 ft x 10 ft.. Think I'm gonna hold off until the revues of how useless the 2.5ft end attached to a roof top tent is.. Not shipping from Summit until 3/15/10 anyway..

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I saw the press release when this came out a while back, like typical Smitybilt, this will take a few more months and a few more returns until they get it right, then I bet it will be an ok product. We'll probably get one for testing to see if we will sell them in a few months.

4x4mike

Adventurer
I made the same thing for about 25 bucks. Heavy duty silver tarp, old tent poles from an outdoor store and some shock cord. It mounts to my Yakima rack on either side of the vehicle. That's all that product really is.

Since this pic I've gotten a larger tarp.

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06979.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne