Clifford Ross

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I just saw these CBS newsclips and thought I would post the link. The clips require RealPlayer and a high-speed connection. Content is regarding a fascinating camera built by photographer Clifford Ross. Talk about a large-format camera... :Wow1: the R1 hi-res camera is somethin' else... it shoots using 9" x 18" negatives (a 100' roll of film), which are ultimately scanned into a digitial format resulting in files up to 2.6 gigabytes!! Try emailing one of those to your buddies :D

The Big Picture

Interview

Just from this short interview, he seems to be a very neat guy to talk to. I like his thoughts on technology and "heritage", very cool :cool:

Clifford Ross website

Last edited:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for sharing - wow! The wave pictures are really beautiful.

I had just finished enjoying a site by a woman who made what is the antithesis of Ross' camera - a pinhole camera from an Altoids tin. She records road trips with it. I love the comparison between the two extremes.

Roseann

Scott Brady

Founder
Well, this is my first post from my new home in Prescott! :luxhello:

I am sitting on my back porch, with a view of Willow Lake and the Granite Dells. The sun is just peaking over the foothills to the East and Humphreys peak is in full view (tallest mountain in AZ @ 12,600').

I am also enjoying my new SEVEN MBPS internet connection. WOW!

Great site Baja. Inspiration for breaking in the 20D...

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
DesertRose said:
I had just finished enjoying a site by a woman who made what is the antithesis of Ross' camera - a pinhole camera from an Altoids tin. She records road trips with it.

:ylsmoke: cool! I remember making one of those when I was a kid, and I couldn't believe it actually worked.

Scott, welcome to town :wavey: yea, the mornings are pretty sweet. I enjoy every one of them :coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles