Pic of my rig w/ snorkel

SixLug

Explorer
Hey guys, I have yet to post a pic of my rig, or it with the snorkel, and this is the best one I have....so here.....I have a few more pics if anyone wants to see, just let me know.

wheelin2.jpg

erin

Explorer
:coffee:
Very nice with the snorkel, would've expected deeper water for a real test though? Just kidding. Are you finished with mods, or like the rest of us can't stop.

SixLug

Explorer
deeper water...

wheelin8.jpg

wheelin10.jpg

wheelin1.jpg

this is just a cool pic

wheelin3.jpg

so was this

NO IM NOT DONE! Ha...it feels like at my pace, as a college student with no money, Ill never get done with this thing....

Alex

rionorte

exrunner,
First 2nd gen runner Ive seen with a snorkle - cool.
Is that black paint or some kind of line x on the hood?

SixLug

Explorer
I marked off the area, sanded it down, primed it, and painted 2-3 coats of Ultra Flat black Rustolium or something like that from Advanced Auto Parts.

CLynn85

Explorer
Looking good. Never seen a hood blackout on red like that, pretty cool, matches all the other black accessories

What tires are those and what do you think of them? They look pretty packed in one of the pics.

The roof lights look pretty vulnerable up there.

SixLug

Explorer
The tires are just BFG Land Terrains...the same tread basically as the AT, but a little less agressive. I like them a lot...for most terrain, the rock...but in sticky mud, like clay, they do clog fast. For thinner mud, and driving through those really deep water sections, I didnt have a problem...they do really good.

The lights are actually fine. Dont have a problem with them getting messed up either. I drive through a LOT of brush and trees around here too, and they are tightened pretty well, so they dont move much....i just tilt the front ones for highway travel.

Scott, thanks for the compliments.

jim65wagon

The blackout reminds me of the flat black hoods that came with the musclecars from Dodge and Ford of the late 60s and early 70s. Needless to say its cool! Nice ride.

LostSol

Nice lookin truck bro! Hey where in Tn do you live?? We have a house in rutledge. Im there pretty often, and im moving soon.

SixLug

Explorer
Moving to TN??? I go to school at MTSU in Murfreesboro, majoring in Aerospace Maintenance Management, but in the summers and on breaks, I go back home to Sevier County (Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Dolly Parton). I know where Rutledge is though...

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Nice look truck. I happen to be partial to that color!;) I'm assuming that that is that ruby red color that has some metallic in it? I had to have my truck repainted (sans the hood) a couple of summers ago after a deer ran into the side of it and wiped out the whole passenger side. The repaint has a bit more luster to it and while I'm not all that into paint jobs on trucks, it looks spectacular. Your blacked out hood is a nice touch and I'm actually planning on doing that to my 80 this summer. Partly to reduce glare, but also because I've got some beastly rock chips on the front of the hood that are starting to bug me. This way I can at least cover up the majority of them.:p

SixLug

Explorer
yeah...it is that metallic looking red....and since youve had yours repainted, i need to ask you a couple questions....Mine needs some body work and repainting also...what color did you tell them to paint it, or did you go to a Yota dealer or what? I dont want a totally different red...

Oh, and thanks for the nice words ...

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Well, I guy I know has a body shop locally. I had him do the work. He ordered that specific Toyota color, but I think he had some sort of control in the outcome of the mix as it has quite a bit more luster to the color. I don't think he had planned that though, but it looked sweet. Made the first scratch kinda painfull. I put a BIG ass scratch along the bottom of the passenger side doors on Kayne Creek Canyon in Moab last spring, D'oh! I don't know if that really answered your question very well. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne