What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

BOPOH

Explorer
I replaced the rear speakers in the 89 Raider. Also ordered a bluetooth cd player and install kit. Gonna bring it into the 21st century. I also ordered a new CB since mine bit the dust and a cheap handheld HAM radio as that seems to be the way all my wheeling buddys like to communicate. Amazon loves me today......

that made me wonder, what radios did you pick? according to chart below CB could be a better option

average_radio_range_vehicle_vehicle_2.jpg

Dereksd

Adventurer
image.jpg
image.jpg
Removed my radiator, fan, and doing AC compressor now. Finally, cool air in 90 degree weather!! And a radiator that doesn't leak but that's no big deal right? :sombrero:

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Installed new sway bar end links, brackets, and bar bushings front and rear....and a new airfilter (all OEM mitsu). It's all about the little things :coffeedrink:

PacS14

Adventurer
Replaced the ac condenser fan motor as suggested here instead of replacing the entire unit, and changed the oil, technically yesterday but I was in a rush to finish and go to sleep so just now updating.

Last edited:

Dereksd

Adventurer
image.jpg
So I was taking the tension off the drive belt that goes to the power steering pump to replace the belt and this happened. image.jpg
Off to the local pick n pull I go....

Offroadmuch

Explorer
image.jpg
Went offroad in Lucerne Valley here in Southern California for a few days. Drove a few hours. And did some hiking, camping and shooting. I love my Montero. Took my 14 year old son. Great father-son time. Terrain can be very tricky but the Monty is great. My tires are almost work out Geolandar HT-S 265-70-16 but it did great. I always let my son drive for a while every time we go as training for an emergency if I am seriously wounded on a hike. He does great and helps him learn to respect driving, builds confidence and helps develope a good adventure partner for me.

RMelton

I brought the 89' raider into the 21st century with a Bluetooth capable CD player. Also replaced my old CB that wasn't working. My wife got me a GoPro for my birthday so the next item will be figuring out where and how to mount it for the best video footage.

BOPOH

Explorer
replaced starter and steering pump, looks like i need to replace my battery too because it gets really hot under the hood. Found that i have a short when i hit brake pedal lights dim momentarily, doesn't do it without fuse.

Help - where to start diagnosing the short in brake pedal? what parts are involved?

BOPOH

Explorer
A bit late here, sorry. Were all the parts OEM and how much time did it take for this job?

if that question is for me - parts oem but used, less than an hour. Starter: 3 bolts (10mm, 2 14mm) and one nut, steering pump: 3 bolts (14mm IIRC), 10mm bracket bolt and 17mm nut

nckwltn

Explorer
Swapped out rear springs for old man emu HD. Side by side, old springs have almost the same height as the OME. But on the truck OME shot my back end up a couple of inches. OME also weighs about 3x of the factory spring.

Too many times have I bottomed out on a large bump while loaded up on the trail. These will be a nice edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94