I have questions ?!

Hello everyone, I'm new to truck campers !
I've been spending the last few days reading everything I can find and visiting a few local dealers to see what's available.
I have a 2015 F250 4x4 crew cab shortbox with a 6" lift riding on 37" Cooper discoverer STT Pros' and I'm looking for a pop up truck camper.
Hallmark and FWC are looking pretty nice but lengths are confusing me a bit. Who's willing to help steer me down the right path ?

Let me try this another way;
my bed length is 6'10" and I know there are a few that are built for a shortbox. How much overhang is acceptable for a slide in and how does an overhang effect the vehicle ?

Last edited:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
If your short box is 6 or 6.5', the Four Wheel Camper Hawk model is the appropriate one to use with your tail gate removed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If your short box is 6 or 6.5', the Four Wheel Camper Hawk model is the appropriate one to use with your tail gate removed.

it is 6'10". I've noticed people using campers that overhang the bed and resting on the tailgate, is that a bad thing to do ?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
While you could hang a Grandby off the end, it is not ideal and would have negative results for handling for your lifted truck IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz