2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

MattJ

Adventurer
Here's an action photo for a second token - the Gobi is my buddy's Jeep so I blurred his plate. We use conduit tubes on our roof racks for our fishing gear.

y4mVNQ5-xQZw7JEX5YFwa4wrBX_oe0wIHq87OFObr3HR-mhZe0QBjuPkGTSP0Ly8WDxaOxlCCkAzTMjFmk4OFRfmgKSZ98pZ2qRW8ixKYdkuqNOoPF1B3Y03j3ffKDYL-riNouMHDP78oxWXyc6z-HPOXWc3maKdiTwUVHxnhkYlH0NPZwYgFkw3ovTuphGrl5BP-a3BrrFIFiXDZH6bnkWxg

Oskipoo

Not Mechanically Inclined
hey great thread man ! you got to hit up some mountain passes with that bad boy. Just a question what diff are you rocking with those 35 k02s? Thats like the perfect size but i got the stock 3.21s and i think ill get bogged down pretty bad

rubicon91

Explorer
Thank you Oskipoo!

I have 410s in my Jeep from the factory. That was one of the items on trade in that my Jeep had to have. My old one had 321s in it and I upgraded to 456s when I put the 35s on it. My new Jeep has 315s on it so basically 34s with a 2.5 inch lift. I am biased but I think it sits perfect and rides awesome. I would love to do some mountain passes but unfortunately I live in the bottom of flat FL. I am looking at plans to try and head out west in 2018 so hopefully.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Oh man, if you guys can get the time to explore the "4 Corners" region, it is pretty awesome. Lots of excellent parks, and then there is always Moab. :)
Head North through Colorado, and you may not want to go back to Florida. lol

Oskipoo

Not Mechanically Inclined
When youre ever in the Utah area let me know! We can hit Moab together! Know it like the back of my hand! Been there like 15 times!

rubicon91

Explorer
Changes are a coming!! I for the better part of the last 4 months or so have gone back and forth on selling or keeping my trailer. After this last 12 day trip I realized I do not need all that I carry with the trailer so I have made the decision to sell it. A few parties have been interested in my trailer without me really even trying to sell so I reached out and one of them is buying it. Now what are the changes that are coming you ask? Well I have decided I am going to proceed with the purchase of an Ursa Minor J30 top. I have been emailing back and forth with John and am just waiting for the final email from him to finalize the order. So excited!!! I will also be stripping off and selling the Gobi stealth rack and my hard top here coming up as well. Stay tuned....

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Changes are a coming!! I for the better part of the last 4 months or so have gone back and forth on selling or keeping my trailer. After this last 12 day trip I realized I do not need all that I carry with the trailer so I have made the decision to sell it. A few parties have been interested in my trailer without me really even trying to sell so I reached out and one of them is buying it. Now what are the changes that are coming you ask? Well I have decided I am going to proceed with the purchase of an Ursa Minor J30 top. I have been emailing back and forth with John and am just waiting for the final email from him to finalize the order. So excited!!! I will also be stripping off and selling the Gobi stealth rack and my hard top here coming up as well. Stay tuned....

Wow! That is going to be awesome! :victory:
How are you going to have it built?
Inquiring minds have got to get the details.
I'm hoping it will incorporate cup holders, and steps... :elkgrin:

rubicon91

Explorer
The first step to ordering the J30 is done. I sold my trailer today to a friend who has wanted it for a long time. Tomorrow I will place my order with John at ursa minor. I cannot wait. Lead time he said last week was December so hopefully by the new year I will have my J30.
b5fcd6717dd2318d8f3de272f526d5c2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
:victory:

So what options did you order? Any special requests?

No special requests really. I was going back and forth on to get windows or color match and decided at the end of the day I didnt want windows and didnt want to color match lol. I did however get the top perimeter matched so it will all be black. Really just standard J30 if there is such a thing. I am having awning mounts added to the drivers side for my ARB 2000 awning. Unfortunately or fortunately for me my budget doesnt allow me to go too crazy with options. But it is a nicely put together one. I did not bother with solar at this time and only got the yakima mounts so that I can add the system later on as well. I was also going back and forth on adding my road shower to the passenger side with awning mounts but I fear the weight will eventually mess with the top. The only thing left I am pondering is if I want to add awning mounts to the rear or not and add a small awning back there. But I have some time to think on that. I am excited and ready to get it added to my Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles