Check It Out!

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
My daughter hit a milestone yesterday when her "Daily Driver" 2001 Chevrolet Crew Cab 1500HD 6.0 litre truck with the 4L80E automatic transmission rolled 350,000 miles on the ORIGINAL LS ENGINE that has never been opened up. Just water pump, PS pump, alternator and the usual hang-on's that wear out over time.

Ya it still rattles a little when you start it in the morning however I also rattle a little in the morning. We have always run the synthetic oil change special at the parts store and change every 5K miles. Last oil change the truck only used 3/4 of 1 quart of oil in 5K miles.

Not bad for 350,000 miles!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_49121.jpg
    IMG_49121.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 25

tennesseewj

Observer
How many times have you had to replace the dash lights in that amount of time

Just kidding, that is awesome. The 6.0/4L80E combo is a trusty steed for sure

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Awesome motor...I wish it was a little less awesome so they would update it with something more powerful like Ford and Ram have in their HDs.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My daughter hit a milestone yesterday when her "Daily Driver" 2001 Chevrolet Crew Cab 1500HD 6.0 litre truck with the 4L80E automatic transmission rolled 350,000 miles on the ORIGINAL LS ENGINE that has never been opened up. Just water pump, PS pump, alternator and the usual hang-on's that wear out over time.

Ya it still rattles a little when you start it in the morning however I also rattle a little in the morning. We have always run the synthetic oil change special at the parts store and change every 5K miles. Last oil change the truck only used 3/4 of 1 quart of oil in 5K miles.

Not bad for 350,000 miles!!!!

Have you had to replace the speedometer motor in it yet? We haven't even turned 140k yet in our 2003 and the speedometer gets wacky when it's cold outside.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We have a old Suburban in Indiana pile of rust but it still goes. 380,000. Only minor basics done to it. It’s pretty common to find GM and Ford trucks will 300+ k

XJLI

Adventurer
Have a family friend with a GMT800 Burb 1500 he just retired to his land in upstate NY with close to 500k miles. Still runs great.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
350k miles divided by 12ish mpg=29,167 gallons, yikes!

Actually is more like 24,137 gallons of fuel used instead of 29,167 gallons as she gets a consistent 14.5 MPG with this truck rather than the 12 MPG you quoted.

After all 5,000 gallons less is a 5,000 gallon SAVINGS or about a $11,250 savings at today's price of $2.25/gallon for fuel!

Damn that's a LOT O MONEY!

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
Have you had to replace the speedometer motor in it yet? We haven't even turned 140k yet in our 2003 and the speedometer gets wacky when it's cold outside.

I had a 2004 Tahoe. I had a funky speedometer which would peg back and forth. The instrument cluster was replaced (with the odometer properly programmed) under my extended warranty. I learned afterwards that there had been a class action lawsuit covering this problem as it was very common and GM did not initiate a recall. Many of my friends also had these problems and got theirs replaced.
Good Luck and safe travels

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Actually is more like 24,137 gallons of fuel used instead of 29,167 gallons as she gets a consistent 14.5 MPG with this truck rather than the 12 MPG you quoted.

After all 5,000 gallons less is a 5,000 gallon SAVINGS or about a $11,250 savings at today's price of $2.25/gallon for fuel!

Damn that's a LOT O MONEY!

So you are saying the lifetime average of that truck is 14.5 mpg, it never gets driven in the city, goes up hills or tows anything? I would love to average 14.5 with our truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne