2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Had a great day today... Finally after you get home you stumble across a hard rock front bumper at a great price so you go get it and install. Been looking for one for quite some time now...

How about we change your forum ID from rubicon91 to "Mr Deals" :). How do you do it?

Any word on when your Ursa Minor will ship?

rubicon91

Explorer
How about we change your forum ID from rubicon91 to "Mr Deals" :). How do you do it?

Any word on when your Ursa Minor will ship?

Hahaha Jeff it was funny how it all went down. I am really happy with the front bumper. I did put the end caps on since I did not like the stubby look with the stock fenders. As far as the J30 I talked to John last week and all was still on track. Fingers crossed it is supposed to be crated and ready to ship on the 15th of this month with arrival the week before Christmas. Fingers most definitely crossed as I am off from 12/22 until the new year and I would so love to have this and go explore.

rubicon91

Explorer
End caps on looking sad sitting in the parking lot at work.
e7efd3839969a38d6f0e04a4cca0590c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Going to be a nice weekend hanging out with friends doing some camping. Bad weather due in tonight but who cares. Plenty of alcohol and cigars to make one forget.
e2164e8aedac9e530029449602f8b1fe.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MattJ

Adventurer
It's a Goose Gear floor plate (I've studied this entire thread a few times!). I really like the tailgate configuration but I have an AEV rear bumper and back-up camera, so it would be an expensive headache to swap into this Teraflex set up. But I really like how rubicon91 designed the tailgate system much better than the one I have!

With regard to mounting the fridge slide, I came up with a simple bracket for mine. I have massive subwoofers under my rear weather mat, so a Goose Gear floor wasn't an option. Here are some photos:

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/184396-Just-Five-Bolts-Fridge-Slide-AND-Cargo-Rack!

rubicon91

Explorer
Do you have a base plate for your ARB fridge slider or did you attach it directly to the Jeep floor? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattJ is correct I have the Goose Gear floor plate and side cubbies. The ARB slide is attached to the floor plate. The Floor plate is secured by the 4 screws in the rear of the Jeep. No drilling at all.

rubicon91

Explorer
It's a Goose Gear floor plate (I've studied this entire thread a few times!). I really like the tailgate configuration but I have an AEV rear bumper and back-up camera, so it would be an expensive headache to swap into this Teraflex set up. But I really like how rubicon91 designed the tailgate system much better than the one I have!

With regard to mounting the fridge slide, I came up with a simple bracket for mine. I have massive subwoofers under my rear weather mat, so a Goose Gear floor wasn't an option. Here are some photos:

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/184396-Just-Five-Bolts-Fridge-Slide-AND-Cargo-Rack!

MattJ thank you for the kind compliment. The rear swing carrier/bumper is LOD and so are the attachments (trail rack, rotopax mount, and propane mount). A buddy of mine found this here and is going to try it out. Looks very simplistic to add around the spare tire. Rock Slide EZ Rack Basic Kit, Aluminum - Powder Coat Textured Black by Rock Slide Engineering. I just looked at your slide bracket. That is great I dont know how I missed that thread from you. Great job!

On a side note nothing has really happened for the last few months. That all changes later this week. A lot is about to happen with the first thing being that my Ursa Minor J30 arrives Thursday. Cannot wait to get it on. Hopefully I have enough time to get the Jeep put back together and get out this weekend and try it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles