Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
That is the definition of awesomeness!!! If I lived out West I'd be rocking an old duce or 5t.

Thanks, but if you think that is awesome . . .

This is Tuff's truck and the trailer she pulled this year.
11-08-12 (3).JPG 10-09-11 (25).JPG

It has a fold-down deck on the front, storage for extra fuel, our "no trace" burn drum, extra camp gear, etc, etc.
11-08-12 (4).JPG

Here it is w/ the tailgate set up as a work surface, the solar water heater, and living grey-water filter.
11-08-27 (2).JPG

And a couple w/ the full blown set-up of both rigs & trailers :smiley_drive: (is this driver from england?)
11-08-24 (4).JPG 11-08-27 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
in pic 2 of her in the cab are the ear plugs cause its so loud in the cab :) or just not want to hear the passenger :)

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh man, that thing is a beast!!!!!!!! Now I really want to build one!!!!!!!

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
Oh man, that thing is a beast!!!!!!!! Now I really want to build one!!!!!!!

Being that your in Plant City you could crush strawberries w/ it :sombrero:

in pic 2 of her in the cab are the ear plugs cause its so loud in the cab :) or just not want to hear the passenger :)

It is because they are loud. That was before some of the sound deadening measures were implemented. They start w/ an UN-muffled stack, a one layer steel cab and a warning on the dash that "hearing protection is required". We have since added a race muffler (now we go loads faster ;) ), changed the turbo to a NON-whiner, and fatmat'd the tub. I'll still fatmat the firewall, both sides, the under side of the hood, and the side access doors to the engine. I'll also put a layer of stall mat on the floor and inside firewall.
I drive my own truck so I know it's not to shut me out :) Mine IS LOUD! Someday I'll get to work on it :wings:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Super articulated Lego trailer

You never know where this awesome rig and trailer will show up around the AT shop :)

Attachments

• DSC_0697.JPG
    DSC_0697.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 422

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Glad to know I'm not the only still playing with toys! :safari-rig:

So what's the rating on that hitch anyway?..

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
AA1PR's

Along edge of field
DSC_6131.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Towing the Glamper out to Alstrom point, North of Lake Powell a couple weeks ago.

Alstrom-Point-2011-2-L.jpg

All set up and enjoying the evening's glow on Alstrom point.

Alstrom-Point-2011-21-L.jpg

loren85022

Explorer
Finally got the 5 lug to 8 lug spacers on the trailer axle and took her north of Phx for a test run. The elec trailer brakes didnt get too much of a test but everything stayed put together so I'm calling it a successful run.

I also discovered that at about 37 degrees, kids abandon the RTT to sleep anywhere inside the van.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320990125.623485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320990125.623485.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 152

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Let's see a picture of the 5 to 8 lug adapters.
They sound interesting!
Are you running the same bolt pattern as the van?

Hags Overlanding

Trying to be good at this
My most favorite (so far) pic of the truck and trailer
231.jpg

Tronson ridge trail

I also thought I would throw in a bit of a overall pic
161.jpg

Quartz Mtn

loren85022

Explorer
Let's see a picture of the 5 to 8 lug adapters.
They sound interesting!
Are you running the same bolt pattern as the van?

Yep. I have 17x9 on 8x170mm on the van. Spent a year looking for 2 more matching KMC rims. Ended up finding two blanks in LA area and had them drilled. Then I discovered trailer axle hubs don't come with metric lug patters. So I decided for possible resale, I'd get a 5 lug axle and have the spacers made( $75ea). If I loan the trailer out, I toss in a smaller 5 lug spare I have laying around. Doesn't take up near the space in trailer.

The current set up seems to be a good start.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321078602.512216.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321078602.512216.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior