MAN 13.290 4x4 Camper Build Company.

Goldanfish

Observer
Searching the net ,found a new Company Wildplanetoffroad.com.au
Seems they are going into business building Off road Campers on larger 4x4's. In Mornington Peninsula Victoria Australia .

Their web site is quite impressive with substantial testing of products and systems. Seems as though their going to build quality products.

My question is who knows more about them, l have entered my details on there contact site, so I'll find out more soon.
Goldanfish.

Maninga

Adventurer
Been following their progress for about a year, started before the company had been set up. Had multiple chats with them, met and talked about our trucks a few times. Quite a few neat ideas going into their build, but I'll let Michael share the details

Maninga

Adventurer
Just read email from Michael, he's getting panels made up next month for the camper. Huge amount of design work gone into it, quite a bit of testing of different components.

I'll send him a note, see if he'll chime in. Believe there's a documentary on the build process, similar to Grand Designs, being done so get to see process when it's done.

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Looks pretty cool! always better to have more builders in the market making products better for everyone.

Keyne

Adventurer
Love the example with the removable camper section with built in hydraulic rams. This base camp setup is, IMO, ideal so you can place the camper and then use the truck separately. For example, head to Yosemite, get your camp site, drop the camper and then use the truck to explore the park. Blissmobil has a similar setup, and I wish more companies would adopt this approach.

MAN 13.290 4X4 Expedition Vehicle by Wildplanet

Wild planet Off Road has spent almost 2 years of engineering and designing their expedition vehicle based on a MAN TGM 13.290 cab chassis.

The company has spent 1000 hours plus on CAD design of the module and engineering of the torsion free 4 point pivot system.

We are posting build progress on our website www.wildplanetoffroad that will be on interest to members of Expedition Portal Forum.

Hi All,
Apologies for the late update.It's been 12 months since we received the 55 mm thick insulated panels from Styromax. Lots of engineering has taken place since the last post. You can check out the build on our Facebook page and Web site.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5055.jpg
    IMG_5055.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5057.jpg
    IMG_5057.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5056.jpg
    IMG_5056.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
The Wildplanet Off Road MAN TGM 13.290 had it's first test drive over the weekend. Placed it on the weight bridge and surprising it came in well below it's max weight. The final wet weight is estimated at 12.2 tonnes.

Attachments

• IMG_8680.JPG
    IMG_8680.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8687.JPG
    IMG_8687.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8694.JPG
    IMG_8694.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8695.JPG
    IMG_8695.JPG