M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I would of though 30” would just squeeze between the frame rails. I will check again when I am under the truck tomorrow but my gut is telling me the chassis is 34”

patoz

Expedition Leader
Bevan,

34" OD is the commercial chassis standard, and that is what mine is. The frame channel width on mine is 3", so 34" - (3"+3") = 28". My spare is 31" and I can just get it to go between the rails by coming up at an angle, putting one side in, and then bringing the other side up and into place. The tire will just sit on the frame rails on each side.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The latest addition to the fleet.

2eac49d7579872e87bef5c046853a38f.jpg

Healeyjet

Explorer
cjken wrote...
"Interesting.
I think you have officially come off the rails!!
What are you going to do with that??
Add some MRAP axles and do off-road tours!"

By that comment you are making the assumption that OZ was ever on the rails! :Wow1:
Can't wait to see what happens with this.
OZ, Merry Christmas from Annie and I !
Ward

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Body will eventually be a pottery studio for my wife. But it is on a Freightliner motorhome chassis with a 5.9 Cummins (in pieces) and a MD3560 Allison. These will be coming out and sold off. All the electronics modules etc will fit my trucks. Also it has an air ride front and rear suspension which I may use on Big Red to allow for variable ride height when using on/off road.

Really though the main thing I actually bought it for was the pottery studio.

Now I am fairly lucky in that I have a wife who actually appreciated it when I told her I had bought her a trolley bus as a Christmas present.

Coachgeo

Explorer
well there is thinking outside the box..... then then there is thinking inside the box...... think you done and did both at the same time. Great complete use of a resource.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
First there was #vanlife, then Skoolies were the big thing.

Now it's time for #trolls to take their rightful place!

mister-rogers-trolley.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Ozrock, that trolley is awesome! I have a book at home on custom vehicle conversions from vans to bus, trailers, boats... It even had a European circus trailer that had been imported to the USA and looked very similar to your trolley. I think it was the nicest conversion of all. Your wife owes you!!! ;)

Cheers
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke