Its a dream but a good dream !

B85

Adventurer
Wife said the M1078 needs to go (!@#$#%)

Asking $13000
AZ Title and plate.Box removed.
Needs Turret cover (had temp now).
New style Air Dryer.
Installed other seats but stock go with it.

Text 623-512-3155

B85

Adventurer
Its all good. Still have the Semi/RV. And too many other things. (as far as the Wife thinks)

Truck comes with the model to play with!
IMG_3592.JPG

Also the 7 1/2' x 8' x 20' box is also for sale. Box is still installed for now.
And the uninstalled (new) man door. 70" x 28" with screen.

B85

Adventurer
Seeing that it has not sold I have been thinking about the side boxes. What about building them out of marine plywood and covering them with 6oz. glass ? Maybe 3 layers and some seam tape.
Would keep the weight down and would be water tite.

Also thinking about making it one pic. Would go from one side to the other. Maybe a slide tray in the bottom ?

Truck box..jpg

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Long storage is good! Fiberglass and ply of good. Just put something dampening where rocks off the tires will stroke them. Fiberglass doesn't take impacts very well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

B85

Adventurer
Going to leave all the military fender system along with the mud flaps. Think that will work.

Still working on selling the Forester. LOL Like everything else ? LOL

How do you like your steps , java ?

java

Expedition Leader
Going to leave all the military fender system along with the mud flaps. Think that will work.

Still working on selling the Forester. LOL Like everything else ? LOL

How do you like your steps , java ?
That should work!

steps are good, the roof pins fell out, they are what keeps it from over extending. They are cheap, edges are all sharp etc, but they are good for the $

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I am suspect about using marine ply and fiberglass. In my experience it doesn’t save significant weight and the downside for maintenance is too high. What about using a steel frame and aluminum sheet with Sikaflex adhesive to join the 2. That is what some of the main structure of the ambulance body I have in Australia is done from and it is very strong and durable.

B85

Adventurer
Hi, OZ
Me being a "Boat" guy.( Building Boats) Its easy and if I don't like it I can just make something else.

Looked at Alum and Steel and just feel it can also be done with glass. Also was thinking it could be repaired easier in the field. But I maybe wrong ? Also been looking a other cores to use. But $$$ a sheet.

Will build some prototype boxes and see how it goes. The cool part will be how they mount. They all will be able to be removed if needed. On the semi they are very hard to remove. Won't do that again.

Any body try using a split A/C unit with a 2K genset ? I have 16.7 amp's and some of the 115V systems are listed at 15 amp's. I can go to the 3K (cheep ***) but I have a 2K and like it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94