03 Tundra (Re)Build

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Those might work. I would compress the suspension and figure out where to set the bump so you don't limit your up travel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skywhitney

Squirrel
Those might work. I would compress the suspension and figure out where to set the bump so you don't limit your up travel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the plan. The bump stops in that picture probably will get trashed, they look pretty rough.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

skywhitney

Squirrel
I got a National Luna dual battery system along with an Odyssey 34R-1500PC that I hope to be installing soon. My questions is does anyone have experience moving the fuse box right next to the battery in these trucks? I just want to move it back about 3" so that I will be able to fit both of my batteries side by side in the stock location. Just wanted to see if it was worth trying to do or not.

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
Nice Truck skywhitney, love the camper.

Now that you have a camper, why not just get as big a battery as you can fit in the engine bay, and run your dual battery system to the rear? Use some high grade OFC or welding cable to do this and whoila! From there you can power auxilary items, run solar panels and a fridge, yada yada. This is what I am doing.

Subscribed! PS Archive Garage makes EXCELLENT quality stuff, you will not be dissapointed. Their shackle flip kit will not only give you more lift, but also more travel and articulation if paired with a proper rear strut.

skywhitney

Squirrel
Nice Truck skywhitney, love the camper.

Now that you have a camper, why not just get as big a battery as you can fit in the engine bay, and run your dual battery system to the rear? Use some high grade OFC or welding cable to do this and whoila! From there you can power auxilary items, run solar panels and a fridge, yada yada. This is what I am doing.

Subscribed! PS Archive Garage makes EXCELLENT quality stuff, you will not be dissapointed. Their shackle flip kit will not only give you more lift, but also more travel and articulation if paired with a proper rear strut.
I have no idea why I haven't seen your post until now. I apologize for the delay!

I was seriously thinking about running the battery in the bed but since we camp out of the bed the space is at a premium. I have a nice spot next to my air box where I can fit my aux battery with minimal relocation of my power steering reservoir. I just need to install it now.

I've gotten quite a bit of stuff for the truck recently, some installed and some still needing to be installed.

The most recent stuff installed:
- All Pro Off-road rock sliders
- Addicted Offroad front plate bumper
- Smittybuilt X20 winch w/ synthetic line

Needs to be installed:
- Addicted Offroad rear bumper (waiting on delivery)
- Topper EZ Lift w/ Weekender package
- Archive Garage shackle flip w/ 6" shackles
- Full set of Skid Row skid plates (waiting on delivery)
- National Luna dual battery system
- Odyssey 34R-PC1500 battery
- Chassis Unlimited battery tray
- sPOD w/ 8 switch touchscreen
- All-Pro offroad U-bolt flip with Timbren bumpstops

Still need to order this stuff:
- King shocks with remote resi (all 4 corners)
- Shock hoops for rear

Here is how her front end sits as of right now.
20170621_182615_zpsnwseod5b.jpg

Wasatch

Observer
Awesome! We have the same truck, bumper, and brand suspension.

What bracket did you use to mount your CB antenna?

skywhitney

Squirrel
Awesome! We have the same truck, bumper, and brand suspension.

What bracket did you use to mount your CB antenna?
Thats awesome. My truck is so overbuilt for what I honestly need. I want to replace the rear shocks with Kings eventually to match the front but I don't see me needing much more than maintenance after that. I guess those are famous last words though.

I used the universal bracket from FireStik.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

skywhitney

Squirrel
Did you ever get the 2nd battery installed?
Sorry for such a delay, I haven't been on here in quite some time. I got it installed but I haven't gotten it hooked up yet, I've been to lazy honestly. Here are some pictures of the way everything worked out though.

20171111_135945-M.jpg

20171112_123104-M.jpg

20171112_123110-M.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Thanks for the pics! Very helpful

Is that a custom battery tray?
I am putting an Odyssey battery there and have not decided on what to do.

How easy was it to relocate your PS fluid?

skywhitney

Squirrel
Thanks for the pics! Very helpful

Is that a custom battery tray?
I am putting an Odyssey battery there and have not decided on what to do.

How easy was it to relocate your PS fluid?

It is a custom tray.

Relocating wasn't hard, I just cannibalized the bracket that it was already on and replaced the hoses. We had to replace the PS pump so I just moved it once everything was drained, super simple.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94