Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

borison

Adventurer
All these mods just make a good rig more capable. I put more aggressive tires with a bit more sidewall and it feels more sure-footed. I put oil pan and differential protection on to ensure I didn't have to replace a ripped off oil pan. The differential skid just looks cool.

Itsavanman

Adventurer
Not sure what you are getting at, how do you justify what you have done?

by the price tag of course :) I approach everything with a value approach, is it worth X dollars to do this? like the skid, I think that cost me about $180 to make with materials etc, and prevents things from poking holes in expensive things.. I don't think I would do the methods, because I really don't see how they can improve the offroad experience that much. I think (at least on mine) the limiting factor is the suspension.. Now if one just wants them because they like the way they look, and that's it, then that's cool too. I just don't see for me the justification, at least from a utility standpoint.. which is why I asked...

mccustomize

Explorer
The vehicle travels faster than it knows.
I would think the systems that relly on the speed readout, will be affected.
Although the difference is small, it is enough to make the difference between airbag deployment and not.
Is there a way or a device that allows the adjustment of that parameter?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Airbags have nothing to do with the ABS and speed of the vehicle, it's a mechanical check ball inside a sensor that sets off the airbags.

perterra

Adventurer
by the price tag of course :) I approach everything with a value approach, is it worth X dollars to do this? like the skid, I think that cost me about $180 to make with materials etc, and prevents things from poking holes in expensive things.. I don't think I would do the methods, because I really don't see how they can improve the offroad experience that much. I think (at least on mine) the limiting factor is the suspension.. Now if one just wants them because they like the way they look, and that's it, then that's cool too. I just don't see for me the justification, at least from a utility standpoint.. which is why I asked...

Money and expense is entirely subjective. Depends on what you make per hour as to whether it is a value or not. Someone making $300k a year will look at $250 spent differently than someone making $40k a year. I enjoy making things, but sometimes it pays to hire someone to do it and I just work my job. Nothing wrong with either way, but asking someone to justify their purchase, makes no sense

Ryan Barnes

Observer
Paying for Methods and KO2's on my Subaru vs. the Trail Ready beadlocks and 40's on my Jeep....I just laughed and swiped the card. I love how cheap 15" wheels are.

borison

Adventurer
Money and expense is entirely subjective. Depends on what you make per hour as to whether it is a value or not. Someone making $300k a year will look at $250 spent differently than someone making $40k a year. I enjoy making things, but sometimes it pays to hire someone to do it and I just work my job. Nothing wrong with either way, but asking someone to justify their purchase, makes no sense
Amen

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Thinking about getting RalliTEK stock height kyb struts built using their “over load” springs which bump the combined rear spring load by about 180lbs. My 2010 OB stock springs are really dragging ******** after 100,000 miles of adventure. Anyone else use their stuff?

phsycle

Adventurer
Check out the new video we posted on our YouTube Channel about our Outback 3.6R!

https://youtu.be/SltMO2Vh4h8

Nice video. How is that roof rack holding up? Are they Yakima mounts? Seems like a lot of weight for those tall towers. I really wish the Outback had a proper (normal) roof rack. There would be so many more options. I know some companies have successfully taken out the entire factory rack and put aftermarket rack/crossbars on there. I think Prinsu even did a full rack.

Anyway, cool car. Nice job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior