Hannibal Awnings

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Awnings provide shade and comfort, and protection against rain and wind when camping. Speed and ease of setup is of paramount importance to enable usage while en-route, e.g. for a quick stop at lunchtime. For that reason special importance has been given to the design of the structure and setup takes approx 30 seconds.
INNOVATION
· Aluminium awning support
· Awning cover: polymide ripstop, water resistant
· Polyurethane bushes allow the arms to swivel avoiding wear and tear
· Awning poles are totally self-supporting; no poles or guide ropes to trip over!
· Easy to set up; two arms fold out and the awning is rolled out and clipped in
· Single handed setup (even in windy conditions)

• ( Aluminum frame comes powder coated black, "Flat" brackets are available so the awnings can be adapted to other racks and vehicles.)

buildfile.asp

buildfile.asp

SIZE SPECIFICATIONS
    · 1.86m wide (1.9M 72.8" x 67") $730.00, 1.9M sides $470.00
    · 2.4m wide (94.5" x 78.75") $870.00, 2.4M sides $530.00
    Rear Awning 55.1" x 67" $550.00, Rear sides $450.00

P.v.c. reinforced corners - drop clips for quick set up.
    buildfile.asp

Sides are available for all Hannibal Awnings. Turn your awning into a change room or extra sleeping room by simply zipping on sides to the awning.

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

LR3rack334.jpg

LR3rack336.jpg

LR3rack337.jpg

LR3rack338.jpg

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok I am going to have to dig up some pics of my old Hannibal in action as both an awning and as a changing room....I really don't think there is a better awning out there or one what is worth owning ....they are worth saving up for!

I had serious rain, heavy snow and brutal Arizona sun beat on my awning and it was old when I got it...never a worry and another expo member is still running it on his rig :)

Love Hannibal and the changing room is killer.

BorntoVenture

Adventurer
I'm actually glad I haven't bought an awning yet because I definitely want one of these! I love the fact that it doesn't need front supports.

TexGX

Explorer
The best awning hands down. Mine is over 10 years old and still looks great. Just remember to mount it to a solid rack, because it is not the Hannibal that is going to break in high winds. The changing room is worth the extra money.

One other thing is if you buy one used you will have the previous owner bugging you to buy it back for is new Troopy. It would be best to buy new.:ylsmoke:

TexGX

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Wow, that looks stable and easy to use. Thank you for posting detailed pictures showing how to set it up. How do the arms lock into place once they are swung out?

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Can we get a GB on this? Would love the awning and I'm sure it's still a great deal at $730/$870. But im sure a discount would attract tons of additional interest.

Thanks
Sam

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Can we get a GB on this? Would love the awning and I'm sure it's still a great deal at $730/$870. But im sure a discount would attract tons of additional interest.

Thanks
Sam

you can but I only have about a dozen 1.9m of the 2.4M and a handful of sides. I can order a large order if you guys did order enough of them. and could offer a discount on other items as well.

We also have Aluminum double jerry can holders and other items too.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We've owned the Fiamma F35, the ARB, the Mombasa and now the Hannibal. Out of the 4, its the easiest to deploy and is very stout when mounted to the correct rack configuration. Make sure you're side rails of your rack out stout. It will flex them if it's basic c-channel extruded aluminum. It handles wind well, basically cutting through it and not lifting whatsoever. When you attach the sides it makes a nice extra space for cot sleeping or getting out of the elements for extended periods. If i had one bad thing to say it would be that it needs a bow in the center so that the water or snow doesn't puddle up and create an extremely heavy over hang. Since it doesn't have legs you can't "rake" the awning. But this is fixed simply by paying attention to your setup and swiping at the canvas now and again to get the water/snow off the top of it.

Hannibal and Fiamma are my two top favorite still.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Have you tried Eezi-Awn?

Haven't owned one, but seen them in person. IMHO they're the same as the Fiamma. Except their case flips down instead of up and the leg attachment points are slightly different. They both use high quality vinyl identical to that found in the traditional RV industry awnings that will last a long time. They both offer walls, but the Fiamma walls are only available in the 8 foot size, where as i think you can get walls for the 6 foot Eezi Awn.. not totally sure on that one. Also, the Fiamma has wall clip mounts so you don't have to use feet. Not sure if the Eezi-Awn has this or not. Works well like the Hannibal so you can move the rig for the appropriate shade throughout the day if need be.

The Fiamma and Eezi-Awn are great quality, and the Hannibal is a beast of its own. Totally different design and materials used and pricepoint.

Sorry to get off topic, back to the Hannibal awning......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles