Tundra regular cab short bed (RCSB)

winkosmosis

Explorer
This week I saw a Tundra regular cab with a short bed for the first time. Amazing!! It doesn't look much longer than a JK 4 door, possibly shorter wheelbase, but with much beefier full size parts.

It's too bad they're so rare. The Toyota website doesn't even list the wheelbase on their specs page. If you select RCSB, it gives specs for extended cab short bed... It's like they're ashamed of this beast. I really want to know what the wheelbase is but that info just isn't available. With the compactness I can envision it being a really nice camper.

I read somewhere that it's being cancelled, which is a damn shame. God forbid a truck not be as gigantic as physically possible.

Anyone have one?

2010-toyota-tundra-regular-cab-side-588x441.jpg

38449320001_large.jpg

Last edited:

OTR

Adventurer
It's a real beast with the 5.7 (381 HP & 400 ft tq). I always thought it would be a great truck with a FWC and small lift.

Desert Dan

Explorer
Nice but a regular cab has space limitations for sure.

I wish the TRD Tundras had a rear locker like the Tacomas.

SC T100

Adventurer
Actually, the 07-current regualr cab Tundras have a pretty big space behind the front seats. Check a few on the used car sites and you will see what I mean. It's certainly not enough to use for large bulky items, but there's enough there to be useful. Like this one...there appears to be a pretty big parcel shelf behind the seats...

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=homepage:homepage Make&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=14+240+190+398+15+9&Q=8a6c1c67-1238-4bb7-bebc-416671572290

I always thought the 4x4 5.7 regular cab would be about perfect for me :drool: as I don't have any kids (faster, more fuel efficient, easier to park and maneuver, large bed).

bjowett

Adventurer
The RCSB Tundra has a 126.8" wheelbase... or about 10" over a JK Unlimited. They are a very BEEFY truck. Many components easily meet 3/4 and even 1 ton requirements.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
looks like you can only get the 4.7l though...
I was interested in this combo after seeing one drive by my place a month ago...

SC T100

Adventurer
looks like you can only get the 4.7l though...
I was interested in this combo after seeing one drive by my place a month ago...

I think you can get the 5.7 in the reg cab short bed. The red one in the pic above I think has the 5.7 (red V8 badge). Maybe they stopped offering it?

soonenough

Explorer
I think you can get the 5.7 in the reg cab short bed. The red one in the pic above I think has the 5.7 (red V8 badge). Maybe they stopped offering it?
Toyota of Dallas had a red RCSB with the 5.7L V8 on the lot about a year ago. It was customized with some sort of street performance package (20+" black rims, color-matched bumpers, etc), but nonetheless they got one somehow. It must've been crazy fast because my dad's double-cab Tundra with the 5.7L V8 is really quick, and it's a much bigger truck than a regular cab.

Flagster

Expedition Leader

Maybe they do...when I tried to "build" a regular cab on the website it makes you choose the long bed in order to put the 5.7l in...
I have been looking for a good used or new short wheelbase option for a hawk FWC...F250/350 supercab short box...but maybe a Tundra regular cab...

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I see many 5.7 RCSB around here.

I have only seen 2 RCSB 5.7 4x4s though. :drool:

I am still trying to figure out if I can get a RCSB 5.7 4x4...

I am single so don't "need" the extra space or wheelbase...

Throw on a Hawk FWC and...

Attachments

• tundra_reg_02.JPG
    tundra_reg_02.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

I am thinking 2wd, 5/7L.... supercharger...dropped with 22's..and go around blistering "sports cars"..and kids with are under the impression that a fart can turns a civic into a race car.

SC T100

Adventurer
I am still trying to figure out if I can get a RCSB 5.7 4x4...

I am single so don't "need" the extra space or wheelbase...

Throw on a Hawk FWC and...

I think you can...on certain parts of the Toyota build-your-own website they dont list it (this is the section where you are basically looking at existing inventory), but they do have it listed under the main, older build-your-own tool (you click the "build your own" button again at the top of the page after you are already in the build your own/inventory section from the main page. Hope this makes sense. I guess the only way to know for certain is to call the dealer.:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke