RTIC Coolers

ttengineer

Adventurer
They lost their lawsuit with Yeti. Not sure I would be buying any products from them anytime soon.

I also don't understand this logic.

In the settlement, RTIC has agreed to redesign the cosmetic appearance of their hard coolers and some of their cups due to copyright issues with Yeti.

This has nothing to do with the performance of the cooler. Or the fact that I got it at a far greater deal then I can get a Yeti for that matter.

Yetis, even at dealer cost, are still FAR more than an RTIC cooler, and don't offer any advantages over RTIC. I have even heard that the coolers are even made in the same factory. Weather that's true or not I don't know, but it doesn't change the fact that Yeti is a plane old consumer rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I also don't understand this logic.

In the settlement, RTIC has agreed to redesign the cosmetic appearance of their hard coolers and some of their cups due to copyright issues with Yeti.

This has nothing to do with the performance of the cooler. Or the fact that I got it at a far greater deal then I can get a Yeti for that matter.

Yetis, even at dealer cost, are still FAR more than an RTIC cooler, and don't offer any advantages over RTIC. I have even heard that the coolers are even made in the same factory. Weather that's true or not I don't know, but it doesn't change the fact that Yeti is a plane old consumer rip off.

Stolen stuff is always cheaper.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Recently picked up an RTIC 45. I put ice in when I got to Moab on Sunday. Still had ice on Thursday. Best cooler I have ever owned by far. Well worth the price. Same size Yeti was 369. I paid 169. They are exact copies.

ttengineer

Adventurer
RTIC is running a 30% off sale on most items right now. I got a 40 soft pack for 100.

TheGetLostTaco

We go places
Anyone has experience with these?

http://www.rticcoolers.com/compare-rtic-65-to-yeti-tundra-65-cooler.html

I think the price alone is worth a try.

I have the old style 45 and love it. I would take a RTIC over any other brand any day. We recently went on a 3 day trip, I put 2 10lb bags of ice in my 45 and by the end of the trip I had to only drain it once and it was barely pissing out any water. RTIC coolers definitely "hold the cold". I am really impressed by their coolers.... That being said, there are only so many ways to make a molded cooler. I think between all the companies selling them it comes down to brand. You will always have the folks that will never sway away from Yeti.

Vadimivanovich

My RTIC 65 qt cooler lasted 9 days with ice starting with room-temp beer & groceries at departure, and one 20# bag of ice... in Death Valley in mid-90F temps. I hope this can be an informative data point for people looking for a cooler.

YETI is made in China & the Phillipines, BTW.

Honu

lost on the mainland
got the call to go camping :) so did a quick load of the new cooler had a 10lb brick of ice and one small blue ice block ? mine is the 65
so threw in half of the cooler using the divider room temp snacks bags of chips and such and the other half our fridge stuff a milk meat cheese etc..

4 days in Payson area was about 90 high in day about 50 at night
came back weight the ice that was left and it was 4 lbs :)
we opened the thing about 10+ times a day 3 meals open to get and then abut 15 minutes later to put away stuff and the others were get snacks

have to say pretty impressed with the performance of it

the food of course was cold but not like our arb fridge cold but for what we hope to use it for 4 days unplugged kinda trips think its going to do nicely

Junkinduck

Observer
We just returned from the 2017 OBX epic 15 day camping trip. I purchased a closeout 45 first of this year. In the past the OBX has melted ice faster than I can drink beer. The rtic 45 kept ice and beer for three to four days in the sun and the melt kept the beer cold enough to drink for another day beyond that. I am very satisifed with the cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Smoker

Observer
I have 2 RTICs--45 and 65. 45 is good for a 3-4 day trip. Downside is that the handles suck. On first use, the handle fell apart as I lifted the cooler into the truck. RTIC wouldn't honor the warranty.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I have 2 RTICs--45 and 65. 45 is good for a 3-4 day trip. Downside is that the handles suck. On first use, the handle fell apart as I lifted the cooler into the truck. RTIC wouldn't honor the warranty.

It’s literally a rope with a knot. Fix it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles