Chevrolet suspension lift (2 wheel drive)

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevrolet Express 2500 3" spindle lift

We put some 265x75x16 tires on this van along with our 3" lift spindle. Looks great and keeps the stock ride quality.

Jo_Duval

Observer
We put some 265x75x16 tires on this van along with our 3" lift spindle. Looks great and keeps the stock ride quality.

That does look great. It will be for sure on my list of parts to get for our van! I was looking for 2'' lift so the wife does not notice as much and blame it on the bigger tires, but 3'' will work. No more drive-thru for coffee runs aha.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Military Discount

We have been working away on this kit and by next week should have more pics of the new upper control arms.

Another thing we wanted to share is our new Military discount on labor and installs for retired and active duty men and women. Coming from a family of military members, I understand the sacrifice they make so that my family can have the freedom I so LOVE! Thanks for all that you do.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/savings-f...paign=Military

arevv_

I did a little behind the scenes shooting with the guys at Weldtec last week to see their latest van, Bronco and desert truck projects, check out the vid below!

FAB SHOP TOUR: INSIDE WELDTEC DESIGNS
[video]https://youtu.be/1jbzEjnv3WI[/video]

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Same thing here:

$_27 (9).JPG

1998 2WD Roadtrek that I'll be picking up tomorrow built on a 1 ton frame.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe the kit they are working on will only fit 2003 and newer? GM 2wd front suspension design was the same from 96-02 and then changed quite a bit in 03 and went from an actual spindle with taper wheel bearings to a bolt on hub. The control arms, knuckles, springs, ball joints are all different part numbers. The lower ball joint isn't even oriented the same way. I'm guessing the frame mounting points for the control arms are probably not the same.

Older design on left and newer on right

Newer knuckle with bolt on hub design

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
chevrolet suspension lift kit 1996-2002

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe the kit they are working on will only fit 2003 and newer. GM 2wd front suspension design was the same from 96-02 and then changed quite a bit in 03 and went from an actual spindle with taper wheel bearings to a bolt on hub. The control arms, knuckles, springs, ball joints are all different part numbers. The lower ball joint isn't even oriented the same way. I'm guessing the frame mounting points for the control arms are probably not the same.

Yes you are correct about them being totally 2 different suspension configurations, however we have made the ultimate upgrade for the 1996-2002 Chevrolet vans using our new spindles to lift your older model van while upgrading your brakes and hubs. The first one is just about done and we will be adding pictures of the completed product.

So stay tuned for more info and pics and if you would like to purchase this kit please contact us.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/chevrolet-express-lift-spindle-1996-2002/

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
1996-2002 Chevrolet Express lift kit

View attachment 396506

Please let me know when the 2wd version is coming I'll be waiting patiently. 1996 1500 express van.

Here is a look at the 96-02 Chevrolet Express Lift and brake upgrade kit we are doing. This kit uses our 3" lift spindle and upgrades your brakes to the 2017 brake system. Along with a few other upgrades like FOX shocks, Heim steering, limit straps and ball joints.

In the rear we added our Custom Leaf springs and FOX Shocks

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevrolet Express 2500 3 inch spindle lift

A little picture update on the Chevrolet Express 2500/3500 Van lift spindles. We always love when customers send us pics once they install our products. That's a good looking 2 wheel drive !

For your info wheels are 18x9 -6 offset. Tires 275/65 18 (32.1")

Slicky72

Adventurer
Any idea on an overall height on one of these bad boys ? Trying to keep the height down but add some ground clearance .

Any idea on an overall height on one of these bad boys ? Trying to keep the height down but add some ground clearance .

7'4" with the spindles, control arms, and springs with no load. This is the silver van in Weldtec's above posts.

HRNL9zI.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior