April 2012 SprinterFest East (Mechanicsburg, PA) and NW SprinterFest (Tualatin, OR)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Here's the latest on the two upcoming SprinterFests, as posted this morning on the Yahoo list by Stewert Ives . . .

Three weeks and counting...

Well, we are no longer counting down by the Months to the SprinterFest EAST event. We are in the Month (April) and now counting down the weeks as we get closer and closer to the April 28th date. We have a total of only 3 WEEKS left before the 28th so plan you trip and bring your Sprinter or come by car or truck to see some of the most excellent conversions done by fellow Sprinter owners and professional upfitters.

Come find out what's new for the future of Sprinter and talk to the Sun Motor's Sprinter mechanics and Parts guys about your own Sprinter. Also talk to the Sun Motors Sales Mgr for Sprinter, Nick Walker, about what's coming down the pike in the next few years. Of course future changes are hush-hush but I'm sure Nick will pull out his crystal ball and, just like Punxsutawney Phil, make some prognostications to the future of Sprinters in the US.

If your interested in Beer and want to arrive early, join me at the Yuengling Brewery (Pottstown, PA) on Friday for a tour of America's Oldest Brewery in the Nation. Camp out Friday night, and depart for Harrisburg and Sun Motors in the morning. If your interested contact me directly (Stew) and I'll let you know the camping arraignments, ivessm@...
Don't forget to sign up if your coming. We don't want to be short on our lunch count.

Here's the web address to signup:

http://www.softecusa.com/sprintereast.html

Also, if your on the West Coast don't forget the great 7th Annual North West Sprinter Fest going on Saturday April 14th at Upscale Automotive. Here is the address and the link to sign up:

Sprinter Store
sprinterstore.com
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

http://www.softecusa.com/sprinterwest.html

See you there.

They'll be two 4WD Sprinters to check out at NWSF, and Paul Jensen and I will be there with our Sprinters and the new Wrangler motorhome. Hope to see some of you there.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
MORE SPRINTERFEST EAST INFORMATION

​They've got an informative website for SprinterFest East (4/28/12) up at:

http://www.fcrosby.com/sfesteast/index.html

Also, a bit more about the brewery tour from a Sprinter List posting (We don't have a NWSF brewery tour--sniffle):

Everyone that's interested in the Yuengling Brewery tour on Friday here are some ideas I'm coming up with.

1. We will do the Afternoon 1:30 PM tour at the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville, PA (about an 1.5 hours North of Harrisburg (Sun Motors))
2. We will NOT camp in the Pottsville area but drive down to the back parking lot of Sun Motors and dry camp for the evening.
3. We will either do Pot Luck, order delivery food, or all go out to a local eatery. I don't know yet. Majority might rule in this instance.
4. If there is anyone that wants to go on the Brewery tour and you don't want to drive up from Harrisburg and back on Friday, I will have room in my Passenger Sprinter for 8 or 9 passengers and I'd be happy to pick-u-up @ Sun Motors on Friday morning, drive up to Pottsville, Brewery Tour, and then back to Sun Motors back parking lot for the food and kick tires and dry camping.

The Yuengling tour is not any regular brewery tour. There is a lot of history that is covered in the tour and the actions of the brewery during prohibition and the actions of the brewery right after Prohibition. This tour is both brewing and history as well as free samples of the beer at the end of the tour. If you aren't a beer drinker you can sample their on-tap Birch Beer. It is the best tasting Birch Beer I have ever had.

Let me know who's interested.

stew

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
NORTHWEST SPRINTERFEST TOMORROW . . .

and the weather looks to be decent or better. We'll be at Upscale Automotive at 19469 SW 89th Avenue in Tualatin, OR from 10 to 4.

Be sure to stop by if you're in the area. No cost or registration.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It was great! Condolences if you missed it.

Northwest SprinterFest happened yesterday, in nice weather and enough sunshine to cause light sunburn in those unaccustomed to such things. A record 46 vans attended, along well over 100 people, and an impressive assortment of dogs. The food was good and sufficient, John gave rides in the 4x4 Sprinter, McCoy Freightliner had a shiny new one available for test drives, and it appears a good time was had by all.

The best thing, of course, is to see how everyone else built out their camper. More than in other years, the bulk of the attendees were driving vans they'd bought and converted as opposed to serial production models, and the full gamut of ideas was on display. There were a number of people who were thinking about buying a Sprinter, or had just bought one and were getting ready for the conversion, who attended (some from quite a distance). With about every size, shape and variety of Sprinter camper on display, along with owners eager to share their ideas, it was an excellent resource.

P1010304 small.jpg

P1010303.jpg

. . . ​and so on, out the drive and down the street.

Same time next year. See you then.

Bill Beers

Explorer
...More than in other years, the bulk of the attendees were driving vans they'd bought and converted as opposed to serial production models, and the full gamut of ideas was on display...

The owner of the Sprinter-bago, (I don't know the proper term,) was telling me that at the East Coast Sprinterfest last year, the mix was opposite: about 4:1 factory motorhomes vs. vans.

I had a great time poking around and seeing all the different ways to skin the same cat. I really dug the Art Gallery!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
This was from the Sprinter Mailing List today:

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING...

April 28th, NEXT Saturday is the date. Same place as last year, Sun Motor Cars, Mechanicsburg, PA.

Check out the "Unofficial" web site now at: http://sprinterfesteast.info Yes, our very own website complements of Freeman Crosby.

Come find out what's new for the future of Sprinter and talk to the Sun Motor's Sprinter mechanics and Parts guys about your own Sprinter. Also talk to the Sun Motors Sales Mgr for Sprinter, Nick Walker, about what's coming down the pike in the next few years. Of course future changes are hush-hush but I'm sure Nick will pull out his crystal ball and, just like Punxsutawney Phil, make some prognostications to the future of Sprinters in the US.

If your interested in Beer and want to arrive early, join me at the Yuengling Brewery (Pottstown, PA) on Friday for a tour of America's Oldest Brewery in the Nation. Camp out Friday night, and depart for Harrisburg and Sun Motors in the morning. If your interested contact me directly (Stew) and I'll let you know the camping arraignments,ivessm@softecusa.com

See you next Saturday, Apr 28th

stew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles