LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hi JScherb

Are those jacks completely home made or can you share the source?

I found them on eBay, search for "trailer stabilizer jack". They come in two different lengths, I needed the long ones because of the large tires/high ground clearance on my trailer. I think I paid about $35 with shipping for the pair. They're designed to bolt directly to the frame, but I adapted them to the receiver mounts. They're quite strong, I can jack the entire trailer off the ground with them.

Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks JScherb!

Here is my trailer (apologies for the Non-Jeep tow vehicle :elkgrin: )
7065262641_6d93711bb9_z.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
This is my M416 soon to change as the addition of a Tent and either a lid or a tail gate so that I have access to my cargo. It will most likely be a tail gate as the only thing holding this one together is body filler and paint. Then eventually address the fender width vs. tire combination.

79826ebc.jpg

5cef3b82.jpg

4f96613b.jpg

e5d4c249.jpg

b9dd7e24.jpg

0a9d0712.jpg

Aaron

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Patrick, you should post up your night shot with all those super cool LED's. You getting out much these days? Haven't seen you here on the forums very much lately.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Patrick, you should post up your night shot with all those super cool LED's. You getting out much these days? Haven't seen you here on the forums very much lately.

Hey Nathan,

Those LED's are still working great. I joined an off road club here in Riverside so I have been doing runs with them. We have a trip planned to Calico in two weeks and another one to Mohave next month. We also adopted a trail in Big Bear so we are sometimes busy with that. I saw that you no longer have your LR3 or Jeep, are you planning on getting something soon? Hope all is well!

toymaster

Explorer
I did some research and purchased this type of stabilizer. Paid $43.04 total with no tax or shipping cost.

316NV3OPVfL._AA115_[1].jpg

I was torn between that one and this one

41ZuAlX8TwL._SL500_AA300_[1].jpg

I went with the light weight one also, it had more range. I know from using the other kind on my RV they are nice and work really well with their infinite amount of adjustment within their range. Time will tell if I made the right choice. I also got parts to have a removable wheel and pad on my tongue jack. Last year I saw a need for a wheel on the tongue jack when trying to hook up the loaded trailer while in the woods. The idea being leaving the trailer at camp when I want explore an area. I figure I can install the pad or wheel which ever best suits the occasion.

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^^^^ I generally use a rock; they do call them the Rockies for a reason. I have found the perfect chocks for winching and all other purposes but cannot bring myself to spend $200 for two.

nightfoam

Adventurer
Just picked this up used last week. I still have some customizations I need to do to it and my Jeep before it's ready to go.

withjeepsideview.jpg

tentsetup2.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Just picked this up used last week. I still have some customizations I need to do to it and my Jeep before it's ready to go.

withjeepsideview.jpg

Sweet! Get a drop down hitch adaptor, shorten the chains and go camping! Later you can get matching rims and tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier