CL Find: Unimog U500 under $60,000 Bargain!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I gotta say that, considering that U500s have an option list as long as your arm and the list prices of the ones in the US had maybe a $60K spread, this ad is seriously lacking in important information.

Still, for someone knowledgeable about the truck and in the neighborhood . . . well, it might be worth a phone call and a look-see. (And let us know if there's a trick to it.)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Dave, Dave, Dave . . . How many times have we all told you to stay out of this section? :sombrero:

On the other hand, if you buy it, I'll help you build the cabin. Just think . . . it could be the Mog the Trasharoo built. ;)

dzzz

I talk to the owner a couple weeks ago. The option that probably needs adding is working gears. That would run 3 -10K.

I didn't understand the documents they provided. It didn't seem to be a regular freightliner import. Whoever buys it needs to clearly understand its registration.

If someone is looking for a cab chassis U500 on the less expensive side of the spectrum I might be able to help you out next week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles