Northstar Truck Campers

Hello Everyone,
Just a few lines to introduce myself, Billy Mackaill, Northstar Sales Manager for the western U.S. States and western Canadian Provinces.
Looking forward to any questions that may come my way and learning more about exploring, traveling with truck/camper combo.
I have been in the RV industry for over 30 years and represented Northstar for over 10.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Welcome here Billy! I am sure you will get many questions, we have several members with Northstar campers.

18seeds

Explorer
Northstar Campers!

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

mkish

Adventurer
Hi Billy!

I checked out some Northstars recently and liked them very much.

Here's a question from people who travel with kids:

Is there any way to build an 850SC so that the toilet can be used with the top down? I'd be willing to forgo the cassette and plop my own portapotty in the shower pan but I can't bring myself to drive around with two potties. :)

Thanks!

anthonyca

Observer
Hi Billy!

I checked out some Northstars recently and liked them very much.

Here's a question from people who travel with kids:

Is there any way to build an 850SC so that the toilet can be used with the top down? I'd be willing to forgo the cassette and plop my own portapotty in the shower pan but I can't bring myself to drive around with two potties. :)

Thanks!

X2 and I don't even have kids, but unfortunately sometimes I have to potty while on the way to camping. A camper that is somewhat usable with the top down for stealth camping would be great. Make a sandwich, sleep on the fold out dinette bed, use the rest room would be great. Many of us buy a camper so we don't have to pay for a hotel room or campground for just 5 to 8 hours of sleep while on a long road trip. Piping the top while not in a camp ground is usually not an option.

A small inside shower would be great also, while still having an outside shower.

dizzyspots

Adventurer
Quick note...I am in the market for a used Northstar...sent the company an email...received a phone call from Bill...spent 20 minutes answering questions about what would fit my 04 Tundra...even logged on and viewed the on line ad for the used Northstar I had found and pointed out options and instructions...NOTE: the used camper was for sale by somebody else...Bill spent that time because he believed in the product...there was NO potential for sales commission...he was very patient AND very informative. He sold me on looking for a Northstar as my camper of choice...Thanks Bill oh yeah, he has kind of a weird accent???? LOL Mike

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Eleven yrs on two vehicles with our 2000 TC800 Northstar. There's something about the five minute setup and a queen size bed waiting for you at the end of the day.

knobbytracks

Observer
Glad to see Northstar making a presence here! As stated in my previous posts elsewhere, Northstar's customer service is fantastic and response time is outstanding - same goes with their campers. :)

Attachments

• Morad Park fall '10.JPG
    Morad Park fall '10.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 98

MidnightRider

MidnightRider
Not sure of the model of my Northstar I think it's a TC 750, it's a 1996. I havn't seen another one exactly like it. We love our Northstar camper, and sure have got our $ worth out of it.

Attachments

• P1050776 (800x600).jpg
    P1050776 (800x600).jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 149
  • P1050617 (800x600).jpg
    P1050617 (800x600).jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00720.JPG
    DSC00720.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DenisesPhoneCard 557.JPG
    DenisesPhoneCard 557.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DenisesPhoneCard 556.JPG
    DenisesPhoneCard 556.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 113
Hello,
We could build you an 850SC with just the shower pan so that a porta pottie could be stored there, however, all of our pop ups have the porta pottie space underneath the step up into the bed.
The TC800 can be built with the lower height marine/black water tank toilet but it means using a portion of the dinette area, not a good idea if you have kids you wish to sleep there.
Billy.

Hello Chris,
Scatt Recreation in Roseville CA (Jason Adams 916 773 6614) has a nice selection of both our pop ups and hardwalls including the flatbed American Hero model.
Billy.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I've got a 95 TS1000 and love it. Northstar has always been very helpful when I've called. I called yesterday to figure out how to hook up the 12volt to the frig since it's hasn't been hooked up since I've had the camper. Was told hooking up the 12 volt was a bad idea since it draws too much amperage and that's why it was never hooked up at the factory. When I said I wanted to hook it up since I was having trouble keeping the propane lit driving down the road, I was hold how to build a sheet metal windscreen around the Frig burner to keep the wind off it while driving. Kudos to them.

Attachments

• 100_1426.jpg
    100_1426.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 61

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles