3rd Gen 4 Runner Front Bumper Discount

4RunAmok

Explorer
The holes on top are for winch controls...I suppose it couild be done with out them.. A rear out of Aluminum,.....That would be sweet! What year 4 runner do you have? And limited flair or?

I have a 99, SR5, no flares, just black rubber trim around the wheel wells.
cleghorn.jpg

The rear bumper would also need a hitch receiver in there too, but that has to be steel doesn't it? Can you weld steel and aluminum together? Maybe a bolt on receiver with braces to the frame?

NDMORETIME

I am definitely interested in one of these bumpers. I have a 98 with a 2in body lift though. How much would it be to modify the mounting system to take this into account? How much to ship to AZ 85282? I would also be interested in the aluminum option depending on weight difference and cost? Oh by the way how much for a roof rack and do you have anymore pics of the one you built on the other 4runner?

Last edited:

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
Still working on the Aluminum idea...Trying to see what the real increase in cost will be, and if the price doesn't turn people away.

I am working on a new design for the roof racks. The one we made is originally for XJ roof dimensions. It works on a 3rd gen but not quite perfect.

The 2'' body thing will be difficult as our mounting system is designed to hug the frame rails. I would be worried that it will create a pivot point that far off. I maybe able to come up with something though..

Derek24

Explorer
Nice bumper! If you want action shots, make one for the 1st gen Tundra! Someone other than ARB....

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
Well if I could get my hands on a first gen Tundra :smiley_drive:

What is the break down for Tundras
1st gen
2nd gen and so on

NDMORETIME

If I was able to drive up from phoenix with my vehicle would that help with designing different attachment points for the bumper? I really like the design of your bumper but might have an issue getting a day off in-order to drive up or leaving my vehicle for multiple days. If you come up with any ideas let me know.

Derek24

Explorer
Well if I could get my hands on a first gen Tundra :smiley_drive:

What is the break down for Tundras
1st gen
2nd gen and so on

I wish I lived in socal! I would have my truck over to you in an instant. I love the look of your bumpers how they don't stick out very far, hang down too low, and the lines are clean.:drool:

Yeah 1st gen is 2000-2006, 2nd gen 2007-now

If you are serious about building a bumper for us left behind, I would recommend posting a "want" post on Tundrasolutions, or even here. If there are other Tundraholics like me out there, I'm sure you'll have a 1st gen in your shop really quick.

If no one replies, I might have to make a trip down there next month on my spring break....

zidaro

Explorer
Nice looking bumpers!

If you would have been around when i was in the market for a 2nd gen Tundra bumper- I woulda jumped. Exp1 got me though (and i love it). Making sliders for a crewmax would get my $$.

You think a 5th gen runner bumper is in your future project line? Im in the market for one. Plate, winch mount, clevis', light/deer hoops. Limited sliders too.

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
Playing with models to see if we can keep it light with out jumping in weight to maintain the same strength. The catch with Aluminum ( other then cost) is making sure we can run similar thickness with out losing strength. Trust me I want to make one as I will run one on my own 3rd gen ( as soon as I find it):victory:

4RunAmok

Explorer
Playing with models to see if we can keep it light with out jumping in weight to maintain the same strength. The catch with Aluminum ( other then cost) is making sure we can run similar thickness with out losing strength. Trust me I want to make one as I will run one on my own 3rd gen ( as soon as I find it):victory:

Question... Would an aluminum bumper of the same thickness of the steel be as strong as the stock bumper?

Picture if you will, a steel sub-structure that goes to the frame on each side, the shackle clevis's are attached to this sub-structure as well as the platform for the winch, and the aluminum acts as a cover for this structure, but with some extra sturdy side mountings to provide some side strength.

Am I making any sense?

NDMORETIME

That would be kind of an interesting idea if I understand your description (4runamok). So you would have the structural integrity of the steal but have a bolt on finished structure that would be aluminum to save weight. Is that what you were describing? That would be pretty cool to see.

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
I see what you are pointing out... I like the idea ! HMMMMMMM

Question... Would an aluminum bumper of the same thickness of the steel be as strong as the stock bumper?

Picture if you will, a steel sub-structure that goes to the frame on each side, the shackle clevis's are attached to this sub-structure as well as the platform for the winch, and the aluminum acts as a cover for this structure, but with some extra sturdy side mountings to provide some side strength.

Am I making any sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles