02' Silverado Lifted

Thanks!! Suburban would be my next choice of domestic trucks, I love the space inside for camping gear and storage.. Im not too sure about the crank sensor being the cause for your hard start. Usually the MIL will illuminate if it was the crank sensor. I would refer you to "Larry" as his response does make alot of sense and he seems to know what he's talking about. Hope you figure out the issue!

No problems Larry!

Anyone have any experience with CSI HID Lights? Im looking at getting a set of the 7" ones.

http://www.csiaccessories.com/lighting.html

NorthFace and Larry,

I have a 2002 Suburban 2500 with the 8.1L and have a question about the crank sensor. I have had this vehcile for about 5,000 miles. When I go to start it in the morning it takes quite a few turnovers of the motor to get her going. I usually crank it for a second turn the key back and then crank it again and it fires right up. Is this a symptom of the crank sensor? Any other thoughts.

Northface, love your truck. My Suburban is a heck of a machine, hard to believe I am saying that I like it more than my old LX450. I am going to start looking later this year for a 2500 pickup with the 8.1l to add to the Suburban as my wife drives the Suburban now. Between the those two trucks and the gas saving get around car we'll have quite the fleet.

Finally!

I took some pictures of the truck, I am done now with modifications. With the exception of maybe mounting some sort of in the bed fuel tank. I took the truck on a camping trip this weekend, hauling a 6000lb travel trailer. It performed nicely, except for when I got a MAF sensor code, after taking it apart and cleaning it out it didnt have any problems after that.

Anybody ever mount an external fuel tank in the bed of the truck? I am looking at some DeeZee tanks that will fit under my crossover toolbox, I would also like to have an inline pump so I can pump straight from that tank into my main tank with the flip of a switch. Most tanks say not for combustible liquids? But they sell them as a external fuel tank... What does that mean?

Anyways hope you like it!:sombrero:

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 2

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
Great looking truck! I wouldn't say too quickly that you are done with mods yet :)

As far as external fuel tanks, I have never seen one that said not for combustible liquids, but it means that it shouldn't hold a liquid that has a lower flash point then fuels such as diesel and gasoline (like propane, for instance). Though, all three above mentioned fuels are marked as flammable as far as placarding goes, Propane will ignite at a much lower temperature then the former two liquids, and requires a completely different design of tank. You will be fine hauling gas or diesel around in a tank marked as such. You may have to placard the tank to show what you are carrying (probably only need at least a sticker) to be legal in your state, though it may differ from state to state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman