05 LR3 Yaw rate issue no faults

BP2005lr3

Wondering if anyone has seen a yaw rate sensor act the way mine is acting. I do not have any active faults, but my DSC acts up randomly. The attached video shows instability while im parked. What is the process to calibrate using the Gap tool? Cant find any info on calibrations for the yaw sensor.

Attachments

• screen-20231030-063500.mp4
    2.7 MB

JimBiram

Adventurer
I was having the DSC engage on curves for awhile and it turned out to be a combination of a rear wheel bearing and worn control arms. Replacing my right rear wheel bearing stopped the DSC engaging on left turns at normal speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howski

Steering angle sensor is often a culprit for faulty DSC activation. Believe you can calibrate that via GAP tool

gabrielef

A calibration would be the easy place to start and should solve your problem. Happened to me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BP2005lr3

Ill perform a calibration, even though the steering sensor seems to working fine. I did find a few harness connectors on the drivers side corroded, and some of those wires were part of the CAN bus system. I also corrected the tire size radius, had the oem 370mm and mine is currently at 388mm, not much of a difference, but wanted to rule it out. I am going to pull apart C2243/2254 connector which looks like it is behind the CJB and look for corrosion. I have not checked wheel bearings, but that is on my to do list. I appreciate the replies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior