'05 Taco Suspension Set-Up Advice

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Good move. Quality parts, reasonable prices, and unbeatable customer service.

Dipodomys

Observer
Cackalak Han said:
FYI, I've noticed that the best prices for OME products were at trdparts4u.com

I agree. I bought the OME setup from trdparts4u about two months ago and was very pleased. Their kit is all inclusive (coils, struts, springs, shocks, bushings, carrier drop, etc.) so ordering is idiot proof. I went with the Heavy Duty setup, which comes with the 886's in the front and the Dakar's with the extra leaf in the back. Empty, the ride is firm but not stiff. Fully loaded the ride is outstanding, and no more bottoming out! I couldn't be more pleased. A great value, in my book.

ssmathis

Observer
I had the OME 886's (with ARB bullbar as well) and Dakar leafs on mine when I had it. It was a great setup and gets my recommendation.

Scott

robert

Expedition Leader
Since you've got an '05, you might want to have some braces welded on your motor mounts while you're under the vehicle. The number of frame failures on the '05s amongst people who use them hard seems to be increasing :mad: - Toyota is aware of the issue at this point and some people have actually managed to get their frames replaced. See the Tacoma Territory "Late Model Tacos" forum for more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan