Andy's M416 Rehab

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Thanks, I added some lid handles tonight. DONE! I'm out of here tomorrow to Moab, Vegas, SoCal and all points in between. So no more pics until I get back.

DSCF4306.jpgDSCF4307.jpg

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Installed a swing-away wheeled trailer jack today. The stock stand is about 4" too short for the trailer to sit anywhere near level, and hopefully save my back if I'll be able to disconnect without having to lift the trailer off of the hitch.

DSCF4458.jpg

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Looking forward to seeing this trailer at the WA Overland Rally next week.

That might not happen now. Samantha is bringing her daughter and her daughters friend to Wild Waves and is staying here. ARG! What timing. I was holding this back in case they Canx.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I knew there was another good reason to extend the tongue out. I got this idea from a fellow expeditioner at the NW rally. I did have to rearrange my junk in the tub to keep the tongue weight down, but I like how I seemed to have made it easier to get to my stuff. It looks like a battery will fit in the box if I ever go there.

test 009.jpgtest 001.jpgtest 002.jpgtest 003.jpgtest 004.jpgtest 008.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have the same box up there, battery and all that stuff loaded up in it. Works great and seals pretty well with a nice gasket!

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I saw that, but put it out of my memory as I don't plan on making this a powered trailer. But when I saw one being used as generator storage, I knew I needed one. It frees up gas being carried in the tub issues.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I couldn't extend the trailer jack enough to level the trailer (1/2" too short) even after getting the smaller 31s, so today I cut the mount off of the tube and remounted it 2" higher. No pic as it looks the same as before if you didn't know what was altered. With the extra inches I'll have leeway for uneven ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94