'13 R1200GS, couldn't resist,,,

iRagedoYou

I had the same experience with the '13. I was in Fairbanks, AK (Land's End BMW....I think) waiting on the dealership to put on a new rear tire on my '12 GSA. They gave me a base model '13 to go tool around on. I was gone for well over an hour....BMW salesman even gave me a nice little map to go really "try" it on. Absolutely loved it. It's a beast compared to my '12.

Yes, I regretted riding it. I love my bike but I keep thinking about trading it for '14 GSA. I probably will not do it though...I already have too many miles (read memories) on mine.

All in all...BMW did an EXCELLENT job with the new one. Two thumbs up from this guy.

2013 JKUR Commando Green 6 Spd
2012 R1200 GSA

Willman

Your paint job reminds me of Rene Cormier Bike (cool guy!!):

DSC_0009.jpg

Certainly not a dirt bike. . . ;)

That has your name all over it Mr Brady!

mtbcoach

Observer
Put some fresh tires on it this weekend, the Sava tires from RawHyde. Given the tire size doesn't match the GSw, I was on my own, the dealer didn't want to install.

I had no problems with installation, just needed a strap to get the tire compressed enough to get air in it. Other than that, glad I made the choice so far...

image_zps90a5b47a.jpg

image_zps87979cde.jpg

image_zps6019217a.jpg

image_zpsa537668c.jpg

The Last Cowboy

In May I rode my '07 Vstrom to my local dealer. After a test ride I had to have one. A new one was waiting in a crate just for me. After some negotiations and paper work the deal was done. I rode the Vstrom for the final time the next day on the way to pick up the Wasserkuhler. Fantastic bike!
IMG_0459.jpg

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Congrats! It's just the reason I don't dare ride a new GSA. I am fearful my 09GS and I would part ways and I have too many memories and miles vested in this one.....But OH Boy!!

mtbcoach

Observer
Congrats! It's just the reason I don't dare ride a new GSA. I am fearful my 09GS and I would part ways and I have too many memories and miles vested in this one.....But OH Boy!!

Truth be told, the '13 GS is gone, picked up a '14 GSA last week, just got it back from some customization...

image_zpsda41528f.jpg

image_zps7332c913.jpg

image_zps32d197a5.jpg

image_zpsc460086c.jpg

image_zps905bc7a9.jpg

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Truth be told, the '13 GS is gone, picked up a '14 GSA last week, just got it back from some customization...

Hey mtbcoach:

Im going to get a GS this year, and Im trying to decide on getting a GS or the Adventure. How does the adventure compare to the standard GS on the road? The majority of my riding will be road, but when we go on overland trips the GS will be my ride....Seems like the GSA is for mostly off road, and the GS is mostly on road with offroad mixed in.

Curious on your thoughts. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke