Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Habitat Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ntgbrl View Post
    I noticed the other day that water is getting in the Jeep at the corners of the rear glass liftgate. If I hose down the car, a stream of water will pour in, not a few drops. Looking at the weather stripping on the hardtop, it appears that something is missing. Could someone take a pic of the weather stripping on their hardtop, or take a look and tell me if a part has fallen off?

Glass open:
    Attachment 413388

Glass closed:
    Attachment 413389
    I had the same issue with water getting in there on Unit #3 for the time that I owned it. The weather stripping around the rear glass on Unit #3 looked similar to the pictures you have posted. Perhaps if someone could post a picture of the rear seal from a factory top it would shed some light on how Jeep solved/minimized the problem.
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JK
    AT JK Habitat #1

I looked at my fathers Jeep, but he has the new style hardtop with the wider hatch glass which is totally different. I did come across this part though, and there are fancy rubber ends on the weather strip. I might order one and test it out if everyone else is in the same boat as I am.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_8080.htm

IMG_2408.jpg

Edit: According to Mario at AT Overland, the quadratec part is the correct replacement part. Ill order, install, and report back.
    Last edited by ntgbrl; 08-11-2017 at 10:24 PM.

The Quadratec part mentioned above does NOT fit the hardtop. I'll have to come up with a different solution.
    '05 Jeep KJ Diesel
    '13 AEV JK350, AT JK Habitat #15

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa Minor View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT: the JK Habitat has now been discontinued.

Will a fold-over Jeep camper ever be available again? Ursa Minor remains busy shipping 2nd generation J30 pop up campers and continues to build our experience with Jeeps. Any fold over Jeep designs will await the new Jeep JL, and the potential JL truck, hitting the market.

Cheers,
    John
    That was a long 2 year wait. I would be interested to hear what plans you may have at the moment.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627