Vantage's 2003 Kamparoo Weekender

Vantage

Adventurer
After many months of searching I found a 2003 Kamparoo Weekender in Alberta. Sadly when I found it, it was November and I live 10 hours and 1 mountain pass away from it.

Unable to reach the trailer due to the winter conditions over the BC-Alberta Rockies, I continued my search to no avail. Then this weekend rolled around (Easter long Weekend) and everything was perfect. The seller had kept the Kamparoo over the winter months, and contacted me before she was going to put it up in the local classifieds. I quickly checked the forecast from Vancouver -> Calgary and everything looked great. I told her I would take it and set out.

Temps were 15-20 degrees C during the day (60-70f), and barely reached freezing overnight. With zero rain in the forecast I was sure there wouldn't be a problem.

I left my house outside Vancouver at 9am with a big lunch packed and drove straight to Calgary. I only stopped for 3 fuel stops, and made it into Calgary by 630pm. The seller was fantastic we met to look over the trailer which is in great condition. Any flaws were pointed out, and were very minor. The trailer was registered in my name by 730pm. The seller even gave me a price break to help cover my gas money, something I had not asked for. I love doing business with stand up people like them!

At 8pm my co-pilot and I (my dad) made the tough choice and decided to drive back to Vancouver that night. So we stopped for a quick dinner and left Calgary.

We drove through the night, and rotated naps along the way. We finally reached my dad's house at 6am, where we dropped of the trailer and I went home to my apartment. Very busy day, but worth it!

Yesterday my girlfriend and I went over for an Easter dinner with my family and showed everyone the set up. Here are the pictures of the Kamparoo in all its glory!

I have a few things on my list for it, but I will likely keep it as-is for this season.

Trailer specs: 2003 Kamparoo Weekender
60L water tank with hand pump
Reinforeced and extended frame
Slipper springs
propane tank
lockable storage bin
Mud/rock guard
Yakima boat and bike rack.
Pull out dining table.

My upgrade list is:
Switching from 155/85/13 (23.4" tire) -14" wheels and 25/26" tires. With a little larger tire size to sit level with the Tacoma (trailer is about .5-1" lower)
Redo the slideout to include a sink, and some foldout counterspace. Add legs to hold the extra weight.

The girlfriend is just finishing up Exams at university and then we will finally go on the maiden voyage.

Kamparoo2.jpg
Kamparoo3.jpg
Kamparoo4.jpg
kamparoo 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior