Should I buy a third one?

hoodshy

Yea, call me crazy. Already have a 94 4x4 3/4 454 burb, and an 88 4x4 3/4 350 burb.

I've found an 87 4x4 1/2 6.2 burb not too far away that I think I can get for under $1500. Seller says it has 264K miles, new transmission. Body looks relatively straight. Very little rust. Front grill needs some work. Has overdrive th400? I've thought about canablizing some of the parts that I like from the 88 to make the diesel what I want, like the manual crank windows, maybe even axels, though if I was to do that should look for a full floater for the rear.

Should I be crazy and pick it up if it checks out when I look at it? What should I be looking out for since it's a diesel?

hoodshy

Then again....$1500 into the 88 I already have would go a long way. I guess it's the diesel mystique!

ZMagic97

Explorer
I don't know about you, but with 2 vehicles my hands are pretty full. I also have limited storage room for vehicles, so a third would be in the way and become frustrating for me. I personally would put the $1500 into one of the ones you have for outfitting and/or upgrading components.

hoodshy

Yea. I though it would be a 700rh not a th400. Have the rpo codes out of the glove box. Nothing fancy. Does have a 40 gal tank, 15in wheels, rear a/c, 3.73 gears. Nothing fancy.

My gut is telling me to instead use money on the 88 I already have. Yes, better mileage with the diesel, but heck, this is just a quick run for camping with just the babe and not used for much towing at all. The 94 454 is used for heavier towing and hauling a bunch more stuff.

Hat to say it, no problem on keeping it covered, just got a 1200 foot shop, I should use it to build not just put more suburbans in it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94