seanpistol's 01 Tundra

Derek24

Explorer
is that a direct bolt on? i havent seen anyone do this before but i do want the "normal" arb bumper that allows a winch to be installed as well

No not a direct bolt on unfortunately. There is a guy on here that did it. He had to get custom brackets made, which cost the most out of the project, but it looks great. Much more slim lined and clean.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Any chance you have a link or a name to search? Thanks

I would love to have your camper shell. Does the entire rear door also open and by just the middle?

seanpistol

Explorer
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sitemap/t-231097.html

I'm enjoying the shell, it was a good purchase for $100. I put new locks in it for another $100. I just ordered a new piece of glass for the cracked window at forward top part of the shell($85), and two new bug screens($15 ea). Not bad. To answer your question, the back door opens and can be closed from the inside or outside, and the entire back hatch lifts and opens up as well.

seanpistol

Explorer
emyty5eb.jpg

tyv12

Adventurer
I bought a safari bar with damaged mounting brackets and hacked it up so it was tighter to the body and didn't stick out so far, once modified it was a way better fitting bumper I felt
Before
resu3yje.jpg

After
ju3a3u3a.jpg

Sorry bout the duplicate pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382997817.576442.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382997817.576442.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 119

tyv12

Adventurer
emedevud.jpg

6apy6eha.jpg

This is the tightest u could get it to the cab and still use a winch, the Arb are very well built bumpers

tyv12

Adventurer
Thanks figured id give you an idea of what a modified one cab look like, it would be easier for ur access cab body style as well

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I bought a safari bar with damaged mounting brackets and hacked it up so it was tighter to the body and didn't stick out so far, once modified it was a way better fitting bumper I felt
Before
resu3yje.jpg

After
ju3a3u3a.jpg
Sorry bout the duplicate pic

I have one question. I have looked at many pictures of 1st gen. Tundras and Sequoias with the Sahara bar, and have seen a few in person, where the hoop does not lean forward. My question is, why does the hoop on this bumper lean forward?

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
In Australia and South Africa all bull bars lean forward so that if you hit animal the bar will knock down the animal and it will go under the truck

Jamacee

Observer
I noticed Scotty over at www.addictedoffroad.com has a new plate bumper made up for taco's debuting Dec 1st. Think we could get enough tundra owners to clamor for a tundra version? I personally think it is the best looking bumper Scotty has produced to date. He also has his regular tundra tube bumper for under $600 which is a nice option too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles