seanpistol's 01 Tundra

Kya

Adventurer
He is hopeful the frame isn't damaged and he can rebuild this one but I'm doubting that. You can already see in his photos where the LCAs got ripped off and the coil bucket is bent.

Total bummer! Selfishly I was hoping the LT parts would be parted out. Did enough of the LT kit survive that that could be an option?

Reefry

Observer
I'm in complete disbelief! The white Tundra curse strikes again. Congrats on the new truck though I cant wait to see you put a slide-in on it. Speaking of slide-ins what happened to that old FWC you bought for the Tundra a while back?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I'm in complete disbelief! The white Tundra curse strikes again. Congrats on the new truck though I cant wait to see you put a slide-in on it. Speaking of slide-ins what happened to that old FWC you bought for the Tundra a while back?

He sold it and made some money too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
Yes I did, haha.

The current owner of the Tundra's insurance was telling him they were only going to give him $8500 without any receipts for aftermarket accessories. I was able to find about $12,500 worth of receipts and sent them to him last night. Hopefully it works out for him. Regardless, he is buying the truck back for $1000 and is determined to rebuild it. If it were me it would become a 3-link SAS, but he seems to really want it to go back to how it was before.

I have been looking at the new Palomino Bronco 1251 slide in camper for the Dodge. Since they became a part of Forest River, they now have an aluminum frame and sounds like they have really upped the quality of the units. I really want something that has a shower. Some of the guys I work with are trying to talk me into looking at camp trailers with a flipped axle for ground clearance. Sounds like some of them drag them all over the place and get to some real secluded places which is always my goal. Your money also goes a lot further with a camp trailer than it goes a pop-up.

Rangler103

Congratulations on the Dodge. Mine has been a blessing and a curse. I have a similar set up to you and EGT's were a concern until recently. I put a few small things together and now I can pull my travel trailer up some of the steepest passes in the US without a second thought. If you ever need ideas on spending money on an old 5.9 let me know. If your tundra's new owner decides not to follow through on a rebuild I would be interested in in the spare axles. Solo has a pretty good Black Friday deal on long travel kits and I'm ordering one this week.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Like this ??
0ed7acffc133f40a29cf96e7327735bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! Long time reader! First time poster!

THE TUNDRA WILL LIVE AGAIN!

I am great friends with the gentleman that purchased the tundra from Sean.

It's sitting in a warehouse right now getting torn apart, everything is evaluated, a lot of parts are ordered and more to be ordered soon!

I started the rebuild process on the shocks tonight, the new shafts and seals should be in next week and then those will be put on, the bumper and the entire front end is getting reworked and re assembled from one of our good fabrication friends.

As for the rear, the owner ordered brand brand-new MCM fab cantilever system from SRQ Fabrications, it will be paired with 3 inch body. ADS triple bypass shocks for the rear as well as new ADS two and a quarter inch body bump stops on every corner, new long travel Deaver leaf springs were also ordered as well as a sprung under kit.

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Hey! Long time reader! First time poster!

THE TUNDRA WILL LIVE AGAIN!

I am great friends with the gentleman that purchased the tundra from Sean.

It's sitting in a warehouse right now getting torn apart, everything is evaluated, a lot of parts are ordered and more to be ordered soon!

I started the rebuild process on the shocks tonight, the new shafts and seals should be in next week and then those will be put on, the bumper and the entire front end is getting reworked Andre assembled from one of our good fabrication friends.

As for the rear, the owner ordered brand brand-new MCM fab cantilever system from SRQ Fabrications, it will be paired with 3 inch body. ADS triple bypass shocks for the rear as well as new ADS two and a quarter inch body bump stops on every corner, new long travel Deaver leaf springs were also ordered as well as a sprung under kit.

That's good to hear. Will you be starting a new page to share updates and photos??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dmski

Adventurer
Aw man this is sad to see... Loved this truck and build, even after you sold it. Hopefully he can either buy it back for cheap and just swap parts over to another tundra or something...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles