super duty lift kit question

jdinevens

Adventurer
I realize this is a expo forum, not really a truck forum but i was hoping there would be somebody with experience with lift kits for full size trucks. i want to do a 4" inch lift kit on my 2003 7.3 super duty, i want it to be all leaf. i've heard good things about ICON and was curious if the 5" excursion lift kit would give me 4" of lift on the super duty. i think all parts are the same and its sold as a package which saves me the trouble of piecing it together. any pros/cons/experience with ICON for an expo vehicle?

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I realize this is a expo forum, not really a truck forum but i was hoping there would be somebody with experience with lift kits for full size trucks. i want to do a 4" inch lift kit on my 2003 7.3 super duty, i want it to be all leaf. i've heard good things about ICON and was curious if the 5" excursion lift kit would give me 4" of lift on the super duty. i think all parts are the same and its sold as a package which saves me the trouble of piecing it together. any pros/cons/experience with ICON for an expo vehicle?

ICON is good stuff. I plan on useing an ICON 2.5" leveling spring, adjustable trac bar, and 4" F350 blocks on my F2540 to fit 285/75 r17 Cooper St Maxx's.
The 5" Icon lift is more like a 6" lift last time I saw them.

I would go with a BDS 4" lift kit with the rear spring option. Good springs. Then add Bilstein shocks.

bjm206

Adventurer
ICON lifts are very well made.

A spring that gives an Excursion 5" of lift on the front will give a similar Super Duty around 4". This is because the stock Excursion springs have 1" or so less lift than the stock Super Duty springs.

However the situation is different in the rear. The 5" Excursion lift kit rear spring (3-5000) is part of the 6" Super Duty lift kit.

Last edited:

jdinevens

Adventurer
ICON is good stuff. I plan on useing an ICON 2.5" leveling spring, adjustable trac bar, and 4" F350 blocks on my F2540 to fit 285/75 r17 Cooper St Maxx's.
The 5" Icon lift is more like a 6" lift last time I saw them.

I would go with a BDS 4" lift kit with the rear spring option. Good springs. Then add Bilstein shocks.

i've been hunting around, do you have a link/part code to the rear spring option i'm on BDS' webpage and i'm not seeing it

A/Ox4

ICON is the best pretty much. Procomp is good too. Pay attention to what you buy. Most lift kits are designed for Super Dutys, and a SuperDuty kit will lift an excursion an extra 2". a 4" kit turns into a 6" on an excursion because the EX sits 2" lower from the factory.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
i've been hunting around, do you have a link/part code to the rear spring option i'm on BDS' webpage and i'm not seeing it

I guess they don't offer a spring only rear lift for your year anymore. And after a little research I found out why......You only need a 3" block with your year to level the rear with a 4" front spring.

LOLz, if you're only need a 3" block, don't bother replacing springs instead. 2008 F350's come with a 4" block stock, a 5" block is popular in 4" kits. (but they also have stiffer/plusher springs as well)

National spring should be able to make a custom rear spring for you if you insist on replacing them still.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I used Pro-Comp springs. I got them from 4 Wheel Parts in Indianapolis. You know how these trucks have that 2" rear high rake? Well, I planned to load her up, plus I kinda like the rake, so I got 4" springs for the front, and 6" springs for the rear. The 6" springs only lift it 4", but that sets the truck level for a 6" lift. Now I'm up 4" in front and up 4" in back. They are tapered and have anti-friction pads on each leaf. Pro-Comp springs have performed very well. I still have great load capacity, and plenty of flex. I also attribute my smooth ride in part to my Fox Racing shocks, but they took a while to get. Also from 4 Wheel Parts. They had to be built custom out in CA as they had none in stock, but worth the wait.

st34lth

I used a BDS 6" on mine - blocks on back with dual shocks up front and Fox 2.0s all around.

8566260937_360bc30056_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles