Ford, Mercury and Mazda Owners: Let's see your Rigs

Tbars

Adventurer
..If you have a Ford, Mercury, or Mazda, Overland, Expedition, or trail rig...Post pictures of them here..

..Be sure to include links to your builds and modifications too..:D

..My two Rigs..Both still rockin' the TTB

..My 91 Explorer...A little obnoxious but it gets the job done quite well..

m_DSC08144_zps3053037b.jpg

My 95 Ranger 2.3L XL..Don't under estimate this sleeper...;)

sunrise_in_the_desert.jpg

Last edited:

Tbars

Adventurer
...I know we have more Ford, Mercury and Mazda expedition vehicles floating around this Forum..Hopefully they will see this thread and post them up..:D

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Man I don't know if I can find pictures of all the previous rigs...

98 ford ranger 4x4 on 33s
IMG_0620.jpg

There was a pretty stock 97 explorer on 31s, can't find pictures of it.

2005 explorer sport trac, 33s, 4.88s, front and rear Aussie lockers
bl2a.jpg

2006 f150 fx4, 35s, 4.56s, rear Detroit, front elocker
2414ad10.jpg

Had a 1994 explorer that was completely stock recently, nothing exciting with it.

Tbars

Adventurer
...What?...No Ranger in the snow Pictures?..I still miss that truck..

..Glad to see you are still around Brian..:D

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
...What?...No Ranger in the snow Pictures?..I still miss that truck..

..Glad to see you are still around Brian..:D

Oh what, this one?! haha
rf1.jpg

Good to see you around as well. I've got a jeep now that I'm back in Oregon but I really miss my fords! Quality from jeep is terrible. This is what I'm driving now.

null-82.jpg

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
OK, I`ll play:sombrero:

First one my old Rig, its a Ford Ranger 2,5 TD Ex-Cab 4WD with 109HP, its fitted with 235/85 16 Tires ( Original it comes with 235/75 15) four Vision X LED Lights on the Roof, two Hella on the Bumper and a wrapped Hood.
Inside the Cab I`ve mounted a Plattform for my Fridge and my Dog.
Got an old Garmin Nüvi and an GPS III + inside and a Box with a Drawer and a RTT on the Bed.
muI8N1s.jpg

Second one is my new Ford Ranger.
Its an Ex-Cab again, but the Engine its a 2.2 TDCi with 150HP and lots more of torque.
Dont fit any Lights on these, just change the Tires from 255/70 16 to 265/75 16 and bring my Drawerbox and the RTT from the old one to the new.
Same inside, only change is in Navigation, work with my IPad and Motion X and with an GPS 62s...

paclm3t.jpg

Stephan

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
First one is from 2004, second one is 2012.

The new one has grown in every direction, its exactly same size as an Toyota Tacoma, but a little bit higher.
And its a metric- one- tone- Truck, Payload is 1150KG.

Sometimes its a little bit to big, especaly for the narrow streets here in Europe.

Stephan

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
..What years are your Ranger's?

..Your new one looks like a cross between our new and older F150 models..I wonder if it is the same size as your old Ranger or is it larger on the exterior?

..and Brian...Not sure if you saw this thread...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/101579-Ford-Explorer-as-an-Expedition-Vehicle

..and you will come back from the dark side...:D

The 94 I recently had was really clean, but unknown mileage. And based on receipts the previous owner left he recently rolled it back even though it didnt have the hundred thousand number. I took it to Louisiana where I work, had a lot of mechanical problems (mostly cooling system) that I fixed in the hangar during some late nights. I needed to replace it with something more reliable so I bought a stripped down 2010 focus. My plan was to drive the explorer back home and make it a trail beater, but with the price of gas and the fact that its a 3-4 day drive I just sold it here. Sucks too, I liked driving it and having something I didn't care about getting beat up. I'll hold onto the Jeep since I've already thrown a ton of money into it (a trend that won't end soon) but next time I'm looking for a truck or SUV it will be a ford, for sure.

Brian1

Observer
My 91 Explorer -

m_DSC02889.jpg

m_DSC07814.jpg

I built the bumpers, sliders, skid plates and my own front suspension. Rides on 32" tires.

Last edited:

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Here are some of my '93:

Going down the steps of Black Bear Pass in Colorado at CCR 2009

IMG_0511.JPG

ccr2009160.jpg

Mojave Road in California at Desert Expedition 2011

IMG_1226.JPG

It looks a little different now...

Tea Kettle Junction in Death Valley at DE 2011

IMG_1623.JPG